What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Biggest Blunders in games

Illawarra Tiger

Juniors
The biggest blunder I can recall was Bill Harrigan incorrectly penalising Balmain’s Bruce McGuire “for not playing in the spirit of the game”. Seriously even though he denies it he clearly pointed in the wrong direction.
In the old days if there were no markers you could tap the ball forward yourself and run again..usually this would create an offside play for the opposition if they were still laying around the ruck.

Perth Red

Post Whore
The Qlnd hooker niggling Mark Broadhurst all game and thinking there would be no repercussions.

Last edited:

BadnMean

Juniors
I've got to go with Marty Bella having absolutely no idea which direction to play the ball in...

Or Jason Bulagarelli dropping the ball over the line in a semi vs Easts when all he had to do was hold it & fall over. Then the rest of his life continued in pretty much the same vein, poor fella.

Or was it Inglis who kicked that FG when they were 2 points behind? That's gotta be up there.

And the Bronco who dropped the Winfield Cup (whatever they call it now) from the extra time kick off in the GF vs Cowgirls.

carcharias

Immortal
I'm sure I saw it somewhere, might have been a "stuff you may have missed" thing in a local grade comp or something. Can't have been that good since I can barely remember it.

My mate that did it spun/busted out of a tackle and was in the clear.
Ha
Slow as f**k he was too.

carcharias

Immortal
This thread needs more of the great comedy duo, Carige & Covell
Covell?

I’ll think you’ll find he was the opposite of a blunder.
Played well above his natural physical ability.
Awesome goal kicker and scored some try’s he had no right scoring.
Bloody legend in fact.

JamesRustle

First Grade
Brett Hodgson's pass that Lockyer swooped on to win Origin in 2006. QLD never looked back.
Brett Hodgson is Ray Finkle. Not saying that QLD team wouldn't have dominated the next decade, but that pass got them a series win a year or two before time. I hope that merkin is a dribbling mess.

Fangs

Coach
Covell?

I’ll think you’ll find he was the opposite of a blunder.
Played well above his natural physical ability.
Awesome goal kicker and scored some try’s he had no right scoring.
Bloody legend in fact.

He had a great action for a goal kicker. But a career percentage that stands at 75% doesn't scream 'sharp shooter' to me.

Also nominated for a prestigious award named after himself: