What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Club media departments

Frederick

Staff member
This off season the Knights hired Nathan Ryan to head up their media and communications department. Since his hiring, their activity and engagement on social media has gone through the roof. Through the preseason he ran the "be the player" series that highlighted the knights preseason on a weekly basis, they've been doing team talks every Tuesday and have also been coming up with different ways to announce the team each Tuesday. This was today's effort:

I've been loving what he and his team have bringing to our club. I haven't seen this sort of stuff out out by other teams. Do other teams have this sort of activity and engagement on social media?

DeeJ

Bench
Broncos do a weekly podcast with one of the players, fast with team related new and have regular photos of training and game day.

What I've noticed with NRL social media is that there's enough content without being overwhelming. I follow champions league and an European soccer team on instagram and they bombard you with videos and stories daily.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
I call bullshit. No way a lvl14 Pearce solos a lvl12 Burgess. One is a rock type Pokemon the other is Pearce.

Do the Dogs still do their video game preview vids?

It's a cute vid but would like to see teams step up their game a bit more and create some slicker content rather than cheap graphics.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Panthers have had a decent social media presence for a while - Always quite engaged with the fan base from my experience

(And no, the above is not a veiled shot at the sex tape "scandals" from the Panthers players)

snickers007

Juniors
I think the Panthers do great work from a technical perspective, but I feel like their access to the players is very limited.

Barebones player profiles on the website, no real 'Welcome to Panthers' for new players / rookies.

I'd love to see some kind of series based on the Panthers house, whether it's pranks, video game tournaments, playing golf, cooking challenges etc.

Too often all we see of the players is either post match stuff, where the player is too exhausted to string a sentence together, or a planned media conference where all they say are buzzwords. Would like to see them in a more relaxed environment. Something like UpUpDownDown for the WWE fans

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think the Panthers do great work from a technical perspective, but I feel like their access to the players is very limited.

Barebones player profiles on the website, no real 'Welcome to Panthers' for new players / rookies.

I'd love to see some kind of series based on the Panthers house, whether it's pranks, video game tournaments, playing golf, cooking challenges etc.

Too often all we see of the players is either post match stuff, where the player is too exhausted to string a sentence together, or a planned media conference where all they say are buzzwords. Would like to see them in a more relaxed environment. Something like UpUpDownDown for the WWE fans
They looked very relaxed in their sex tapes

Latest posts