What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

tommy raudonikis

parra_jesus

Juniors
Being born in the mid 80s, all i have seen of tommys career is through highlights and storys told through ex players. Raudonikis and the fibros are a peice of rugby league history that i wish i got to live through. But can somebody please shed some light on his move to Newtown. What was the story behind it ? What was the general feeling about him jumping ship? Would love to know as there is nothing on it when searching it online.

Ret

Juniors
Being born in the mid 80s, all i have seen of tommys career is through highlights and storys told through ex players. Raudonikis and the fibros are a peice of rugby league history that i wish i got to live through. But can somebody please shed some light on his move to Newtown. What was the story behind it ? What was the general feeling about him jumping ship? Would love to know as there is nothing on it when searching it online.

John Singleton injected a shitload of money into a struggling Newtown in around late 70s early 80s. Can’t remember the exact year. Anyway, with the extra cash they embarked on a spending spree, building a pretty decent side. Tommy was still one of the best halves, although nearing the end of his career, and the money, combined with Singo’s persuasive skills, did the job. I don’t remember too much uproar, as Newton were battlers, like Tommy’s beloved Magpies. Different story if he had of gone to Manly.

carcharias

Immortal

I was very young
But from my hazy memory
Wests were a hard team full of nut jobs.
I thought they were a chance at winning.
Tommy was a legend.
Their general

Newtown were the team that came last.
Utter canon fodder

Then Tommy joined them
I could not work out why.
I think teddy Goodwin did too... he was also a star.
They nearly bloody won it.