What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin I - QLD 18-14 NSW @ Suncorp

Series: QLD v NSW

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
If the team was chosen on form the halves should of been

6. Keary
7. Reynolds

But injuries f**ked that up. Cleary needed to lead the team around tonight but he failed to do that. Walker had a very off night but if your a Souths fan you know Walker is very rocks and diamonds and you have to take the highs with the lows. Personally I think NSW will win the series if they stick with the same 17 but Fittler will be under a lot of pressure to drop both halves.

nöyd

Staff member
You can all laugh at me but I reckon Mitchell Moses would go well in the NSW no.7.

giphy.gif

Valheru

Coach
Maybe Freddy won’t pick so many of his roosters next time

Which ones would you drop?

Surely not tedesco?

Latrell was awful but pretty clear he is either injured or other stiff6has got to him. At least he has performed in origin and other big games before.

All the starting forwards were solid without being spectacular including Cordner.

That leaves Crighton. I would agree that he should be dropped because a) his form didn't warrant selection and b) he isnt6a bench player.

Slackboy72

Coach
Sack anyone who argued the out of form Cleary deserved to play ahead of the super in form Reynolds. Someone not even cutting it at first grade standard is not going to be a difference maker at origin level.

Didn't Reynolds injure himself two weeks ago?
You wouldn't want to carry someone with a major niggle into this sort of game.

Fangs

Coach
Foughts from Fangs:

- Fittler with some odd decisions. Taking Walker off for Wighton was bizzare. Especially when Walker set up Jake's try and got it to Mitchell when needed. Fittler not putting on Jake earlier was a massive mistake. I think he deserves some heat.

- NSW bench was uninspiring. I think there will be some changes.

- Our spine with some very individual efforts. When QLD dominated the second half none of them stood up to take control. Damien Cook did his best effort but he plays in the middle and couldn't see the space on the fringes. We ran away from Latrell's edge way too often.

- While Cleary didn't play poorly I thought it showed just how much he still has to learn. He was the man to take to control in the final 8 minutes and he didn't. Walker ended up with the more decisive touches in that period.

- Gagai showed up for his first of 3 games for the year. Pretty good effort again.

blaza88z

Coach
Big decision for the NSW selectors, Cleary has been hyped as the long-term future halfback of NSW.. so far he's shown nothing in Origin

mattyg

Bench
Cody Walker did nothing to ease the pressure on Cleary and we rely too much on Cook and Teddy, lacked support runners particularly in the 2nd half. The use of Klemmer was so poor, he should have come back on in the 2nd half. I’d use him first and last 30 mins.

aqua_duck

Coach
I dont know how but the Qld forwards always end up overpowering the NSW pack in so many games.

Cleary was pretty uninspiring but how shit is Cordner? I still dont get the hype over Klemmer either. Great at club level but barely has any impact when playing for NSW.
You're trolling aren't you? Klemmer made like 120m in the first half hour then got subbed and NSW couldn't get out of their own 30 when he was off the field

Barkley

Bench
I dont know how but the Qld forwards always end up overpowering the NSW pack in so many games.

Cleary was pretty uninspiring but how shit is Cordner? I still dont get the hype over Klemmer either. Great at club level but barely has any impact when playing for NSW.
WTF are you talking about? You don’t have to believe the hype around...look at his stats. More meters than any other forward. Over 100m in the first half alone. Not his fault the halves can’t take advantage.

Slackboy72

Coach
It just remains to be seen if both halves get dropped before or after game 2. Odds are firming on them being dropped in 2027 after QLD win 9 series in a row.