What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Origin Game 1 thread

84 Baby

Referee
Not brown cardboard.

That shit is good for boxes and nothing else. Just like Cleary is good for kicking bombs and nothing else.
So they could carry stuff. Cleary couldn’t carry a brown cardboard box

T.S Quint

Coach
Just so it’s not all negativity I’ll start with the good stuff.
Good games from Morris, Tedesco, Cook, Frizell, Klemmer (when he was actually on the field).
Addo Carr was good except for his defence on Gagi’s second try where he was ridiculously far infield for seemingly no reason.

The bad?
As has been already said here, Cleary was f**king awful. Bombed a certain try at the start of the game when kicking for Teddy, hitting it way too hard and over the dead ball line. Couldn’t put a ball into the ingoal if his life depended on it. His creativity in attack with his passing game also non-existent. Surely there’s a better option than him.

Mitchell. Just f**king lol at how shit he was tonight. Was lazy in defence and attack. Ineffective with his runs. Even when he had a couple of chances to do something he f**ked it up.

What was with the forward rotation? I’m not sure if certain players were injured at times or whatever but they were confusing.

Why is Wighton there? What does he add to the side? He did two things tonight, both of them f**kups (he got lucky on one of them, the charge down).

I didn’t even notice Cody Walker in attack. I did notice him in defence though because he wasn’t very good there.

That penalty by Payne Hass where he pulled the QLD player down after the tackle was one of the dumbest things I’ve seen done on a footy field. I hope his teammates blew up at him after that.

QLD forced a drop out before their first try by driving Morris back in goal. Did anyone else think that was a bad decision by the refs? I thought Morris had clearly hit the ground in the field of play. That gets given a penalty every week in the NRL.

Noise

Coach
Good games from Morris, Tedesco, Cook, Frizell, Klemmer (when he was actually on the field).
Addo Carr was good except for his defence on Gagi’s second try where he was ridiculously far infield for seemingly no reason.

The bad?
As has been already said here, Cleary was f**king awful. Bombed a certain try at the start of the game when kicking for Teddy, hitting it way too hard and over the dead ball line. Couldn’t put a ball into the ingoal if his life depended on it. His creativity in attack with his passing game also non-existent. Surely there’s a better option than him.

Mitchell. Just f**king lol at how shit he was tonight. Was lazy in defence and attack. Ineffective with his runs. Even when he had a couple of chances to do something he f**ked it up.

What was with the forward rotation? I’m not sure if certain players were injured at times or whatever but they were confusing.

Why is Wighton there? What does he add to the side? He did two things tonight, both of them f**kups (he got lucky on one of them, the charge down).

I didn’t even notice Cody Walker in attack. I did notice him in defence though because he wasn’t very good there.

That penalty by Payne Hass where he pulled the QLD player down after the tackle was one of the dumbest things I’ve seen done on a footy field. I hope his teammates blew up at him after that.

QLD forced a drop out before their first try by driving Morris back in goal. Did anyone else think that was a bad decision by the refs? I thought Morris had clearly hit the ground in the field of play. That gets given a penalty every week in the NRL.

Agree with all that (all NSW issues)except I thought Morris was fair game and he f**ked up by not getting low. I didn’t think he was on the ground.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors

The bad?

I thought Morris was off side from the ball coming of Tedesco. Would need to see it again.

Soto

Bench
Tough to pick a man of the match but after a lot of thought I think I’ll vote for Latrell
Did he play?
Oh that's right he got binned.
Hopefully walker and cleary introduce themselves to each other after the game because they didnt before it

T.S Quint

Coach
Agree with all that (all NSW issues)except I thought Morris was fair game and he f**ked up by not getting low. I didn’t think he was on the ground.

You may be right. I’d have to watch it again. I just remember getting pretty pissed off about that call.

Soto

Bench
I thought Morris was off side from the ball coming of Tedesco. Would need to see it again.
So did I. I was expecting Cam Smith oh umm Sutton to blow the whistle. Penalty Qld.
All in all Qld by far the better side.
Too many changes to a series winning team/squad from last year

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
So did I. I was expecting Cam Smith oh umm Sutton to blow the whistle. Penalty Qld.
All in all Qld by far the better side.
Too many changes to a series winning team/squad from last year
You would have put Peachey and maloney in?

Joely01

Bench
Qld should’ve won by 13+.
We get a bit more possession and ball next game and it’s a different story.
I said it in the lead up and I’ll say it again now, I would have Maloney straight back in this side... he is an origin player and he is the organizer we need.
I think it was telling not having him there tonight, it was clear both Cleary and Walker weren’t up for organizing an origin side at suncorp tonight! Can’t help but think Maloney would’ve been in his element tonight.

Klemmer was beast mode in the first half, no surprises to see we got owned once he went off.
Tommy T stays injury free the next couple weeks he would be a walk up start over Cotric as well for mine, thought Cotric was fairly poor with meterage out of our half.

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
Qld were definitely better. But we coukd have benn leading at the end of the sin bin period, and then teddy's knock on was the difference in the end.

T.S Quint

Coach
Qld should’ve won by 13+.
We get a bit more possession and ball next game and it’s a different story.
I said it in the lead up and I’ll say it again now, I would have Maloney straight back in this side... he is an origin player and he is the organizer we need.
I think it was telling not having him there tonight, it was clear both Cleary and Walker weren’t up for organizing an origin side at suncorp tonight! Can’t help but think Maloney would’ve been in his element tonight.

Klemmer was beast mode in the first half, no surprises to see we got owned once he went off.
Tommy T stays injury free the next couple weeks he would be a walk up start over Cotric as well for mine, thought Cotric was fairly poor with meterage out of our half.

I wonder if there’s another winger who is very good at that sort of thing they could have picked instead....

Joely01

Bench
I wonder if there’s another winger who is very good at that sort of thing they could have picked instead....

Well fergo would’ve been my pick tonight over Cotric.
I think tonight showed origin is a different beast to club footy, you may be in club form but that means nothing come origin.
Fergo can deal with origin atmosphere.
But if turbo gets through the next few weeks he will be picked, he is a freak and genuine game winner.. hence why I didn’t mention fergo.