What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Gagai try

lsta5838

Juniors
Clutching at straws... but remind me what the rule/interpretation about intentionally batting the ball forward to get control of the ball??

carcharias

Immortal
Clutching at straws... but remind me what the rule/interpretation about intentionally batting the ball forward to get control of the ball??

I think you are confusing a bloke who already has the ball passing/ batting it forward over another dudes head then regaining on the full.

Gagai was what we in the know call an intercept.

Rhino_NQ

Immortal
Yeah exactly... An intercept.

There is an extent to what you can't do. What Dane did was fine and if the ball deflected a few metres away if he managed to still catch it on the second go it would be play on. But say you were chasing a kick and the bounce was between you and the fullback you wouldn't be able to bat it over him and catch it to score (basically passing it forward to yourself).

Perth Red

Post Whore
The rule is for intentionally batting forward over a player, not sticking your hand out to block a pass and then catching the tapped up ball.

OldPanther

Coach
giphy.gif

It was fine.