What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Why don’t teams punch on more often?

Vic Mackey

Referee
One player never gets sin binned, both always go. Mark Gasnier is a deadshit but he had a point, get a bench forward to punch the opposition halfback, you’ll lose them both for 10 minutes.

Referees are too gutless to just bin one or send one off

beave

Coach
One player never gets sin binned, both always go. Mark Gasnier is a deadshit but he had a point, get a bench forward to punch the opposition halfback, you’ll lose them both for 10 minutes.

Referees are too gutless to just bin one or send one off

i’ve said the same thing in here a few times. Get your bench forward to sit one on the opposition stars jaw and let the good times roll.

Saifiti is well entitled to throw one at a merkin who just head butted him, the rules are f**king pathetic.

M2D2

Bench
that’s the point, what player won’t throw one back?
A Smart one, or one thats already on the ground. Its happened a few times, even once in origin.
Its just rare.
I didnt want the sin bin rule to begin with, but this is the rule sadly.

beave

Coach
A Smart one, or one that already on the ground. Its happened a few times, even once in origin.
Its just rare.
I didnt want the sin bin rule to begin with, but this is the rule sadly.

it’s always been the rule.

beave

Coach
Oh has it? I must have been remembering the 80's 90's and early 2000's differently when there were punches throw and there was no sin bins.

The enforcing of the rule was used with some discretion in the past. There was sin binning all the time due to fighting in the previous years.

shit like this

M2D2

Bench
The enforcing of the rule was used with some discretion in the past. There was sin binning all
the time due to fighting in the past.
And theres quite a few where there wasnt sent to the bin.
Now you go with an slap to the top of the head.

M2D2

Bench
I didn’t see that. He was holding players back and copped a punch and a head butt himself though.
Alot of people didnt see it, but the replay showed him reaching over and punching after Sam came rushing in with his head and fists. The bunker did however.

Billythekid

First Grade
Alot of people didnt see it, but the replay showed him reaching over and punching after Sam came rushing in with his head and fists. The bunker did however.

Apparently. I’m not saying it didn’t happen because they really only showed the footage like twice. The bunker saying something happened doesn’t mean shit.

aqua_duck

Coach
Funny how the bunker could see that but either didn't see or chose to ignore a blatant headbutt......
Problem is refs are too gutless, if they only sin bin one player it's a game changer, they'd rather sit on the fence and equally punish both teams even if one team is clearly more in the wrong

M2D2

Bench
Funny how the bunker could see that but either didn't see or chose to ignore a blatant headbutt......
Problem is refs are too gutless, if they only sin bin one player it's a game changer, they'd rather sit on the fence and equally punish both teams even if one team is clearly more in the wrong
The headbutt will be a MRC issue, it was prob classified under the same as punches.
And no, thats not the problem. If anybody throws punches, they sit down. It does not matter if IN YOUR OPINION one team started it or did it worse. One team doesnt get off throwing punches cause the other team did a headbutt.