What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

300 days of boasting.

Gus was very quiet(how unlike him) and Ecky Thump looked like he wanted to kill someone. Ecky the Immortal appeared furious that Pearce and hadn't aimed traffic at Thurston.

isaiah

Bench
i've been thinking during the off season about who could be considered the best 8 origin players of the last decade. i believe the 8 that first cemented the dynasty and then helped continue it were the big 4 from the storm salary cap days [inglis, smith, cronk and slater] plus steve price, matt scott, lockyer, and thurston.

my picks for being stars of the next decade for both states are; kalyn ponga [ if he decides to commit to qld over nz], bevan french, val holmes, and james tedesco.
My 300 days may be soon over. Can all the changes for Qld bring one more series win? If they win, we will have blooded plenty of young talent to take us into another great decade. Napa, Wallace, Hess and Glasby in the forwards. Holmes in the backs. Look out blues, we are coming after you. Blues players talking about the disappointment of game 2 didn't mention letting down the fans. They still do not get it.

Howwy

Juniors
If Qld ever lost more than 4 series in a row, would they still have fans?

Well we did keep turning up at Lang Park during the Bad Old Days ...

Today - with all the success and expectations set accordingly - well, I think back to the run-up into Game 2 2006 and the three weeks of pretty solid (and it was solid and unremitting) bagging they got. Perhaps, to paraphrase the good Dr. Johnson, it made some (small) contribution toward "concentrating the mind wonderfully" to get the 30-6 result that established this run.

I'm fairly sure the fans won't be going anywhere.

My 300 days may be soon over. Can all the changes for Qld bring one more series win? If they win, we will have blooded plenty of young talent to take us into another great decade. Napa, Wallace, Hess and Glasby in the forwards. Holmes in the backs. Look out blues, we are coming after you. Blues players talking about the disappointment of game 2 didn't mention letting down the fans. They still do not get it.
If tonight's display was any indication, they haven't the foggiest how to win a series. It's obvious that after winning 1 game, they think that they have the whole thing wrapped up.

isaiah

Bench
And now we are back to three series in a row. Succession plan taking off. Munster in 6 replacing Thurston. Different style of 6. Forwards are young and gaining experience. Go Qld.

isaiah

Bench
Josh Maguire is the guy who has stepped up the most, imo. Can lead this pack for the next 6 or 7 years. Holmes and Gagai entrenched as the wingers for the test side. Chambers the game's premier centre. What amazed me tactically about qld this year was the edge forwards helping out defensively in the middle. The only time that plan was caught out was Glasby missing a tackle in game 2 when Gillett or Cooper was caught inside him.

isaiah

Bench
We qld supporters have lots of time now until you flick 5 or 6 of this year's team and reload again for 2016. We will be without Justin but have given gagai his first taste. Our older players can choose when they want to give it away and not be pushed. 9 of the last 10 series, it sounds so good. Mal is a legend. Stand and applaud. Best interstate team of all time with all home grown players, except one.
How many series in the next decade will nsw have to win to be able to say this about your team

isaiah

Bench
I am calling it early. If you jag game 2, you are not as sure a thing at home as we were last year. If Maloney plays well enough to engineer a win, he is less likely to play that well twice in succession.

SBD82

Coach
I am calling it early. If you jag game 2, you are not as sure a thing at home as we were last year. If Maloney plays well enough to engineer a win, he is less likely to play that well twice in succession.
According to some of your fellow qlders, Perth is a certainty for a maroons victory and Sydney will be a dead rubber.

Bit of uncertainty starting to creep in for you blokes? It shouldn’t be. The side we have picked means we are ripe for the plucking.

TheFrog

Coach
History is full of turnarounds. This game is an even bet, $1.91 each. As long as NSW don 't get an injury in the back 5, they'll be right.

SBD82

Coach
History is full of turnarounds. This game is an even bet, $1.91 each. As long as NSW don 't get an injury in the back 5, they'll be right.
We are definitely underdogs here. If Qld lose it will be one of the greatest chokes in origin history.

Hopefully the pressure doesn’t get to them.