What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Macquarie sports radio

LeagueXIII

First Grade
The publicity machine for GWCanberra is amazing, they persuaded the idiots in the Blacktown council to spend over $30 million on a stadium that they don't use. Their attendances and profile are still in the ditch, and God help them if the Eels and Panthers were both successful at the same time.

I live in the centre of their so called supporter base, lucky to see a single person in any AFL club attire let alone GWCanberra. They gloss over the real details of their penetration and continue the rhetoric of we will dominate in 20 years. Have to admire their undeniable tenacity in publicity , but it has even less appeal than yawnion in the western suburbs.

I live in Melbourne and rarely does a day go by when I don't see some form of Melbourne Storm support, be it a beanie, shirt, sticker on car, number plate etc.

They are entrenched here now and as the next generations start to get on board the future is bright. Slowly the sporting bigotry of Melbourne is fading away.

Melbourne Rebels on the other hand...I think I'd be lucky to see 2 items a year.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Playing the long game - lol

Keep playing it all you like, no one will follow GWC in 50 years either. The Swans have had little growth in Sydney in terms of attendances or TV ratings for nearly 40 years other than the gift that the SL war gave them.

The great thing about AFL is their ignorance to RL and particularly the super league war and it's affect on the sporting landscape at the time....for GWS to be successful they need a war and it will never happen again.

Dodgy

Juniors
I live in Melbourne and rarely does a day go by when I don't see some form of Melbourne Storm support, be it a beanie, shirt, sticker on car, number plate etc.

They are entrenched here now and as the next generations start to get on board the future is bright. Slowly the sporting bigotry of Melbourne is fading away.

Melbourne Rebels on the other hand...I think I'd be lucky to see 2 items a year.
I'd like to see how it goes after they have a few years of missing the finals.

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
They will absorb it....they are very loyal down here.

Yep - and when success comes, the crowds and support will swell larger than before. Look at the Raiders team of the early to mid 90s. There are people that are Raiders supporters to this day because of that mighty team any sniff of a return to that success since has seen Canberra stadium fills up again - imagine if they got another golden generation.

In the future Melbourne supporters will be nostalgic about the Cronk, Slater, Smith era and follow the team decades into the future because of it.

LeagueXIII

First Grade
Exactly, one of the best things to happen to Melbourne in a strange way was the salary cap stripping of points, it galvanised the city of Melbourne behind the team, gave people a feeling of unfairness and wanting to beat the evil empire of Sydney. That gave the club it's soul ironically.

Dodgy

Juniors
I'd still like to see how it goes after a few years without finals appearances.

On another note, Clinton Maynard is a knob.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Levy has been outed on Twitter as having a few burner accounts that he emails his own show with. Fat, faux-outraged f**k

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
You guys should get over to Twitter. Levy has been exposed as using burner accounts to big up his own show and agree with himself. What a fat, f**king turd.

Brutus

Referee
You guys should get over to Twitter. Levy has been exposed as using burner accounts to big up his own show and agree with himself. What a fat, f**king turd.

I listened to about 20 mins of Levy the other day and was sickening how much he tries to sound like Hadley.

On another note, Gus Gould has a decent show on a Saturday morning on Macquarie Radio.

Pistol_Pete

Juniors
Levy has fallen off the rails. He’s setting up new burner accounts by the day and laying into anyone who has the temerity to have a go at him. He’s seriously unhinged

The Marshall

Juniors
Maybe I underestimate him but Levy strikes me as more of the boomer type who would struggle getting a text a message out rather then someone who has set up multiple burner accounts. I think this is all a third party troll.