What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 State of Origin - Game 2 thread

lingard

Coach
If I was the coach, I'd pick Wighton to start. Walker out. Reynolds in. Cleary out. Finucane in. Crichton out. Lodge in for Klemmer. McLean on bench. No utility. Slap Paas around before the game to make him angry.

I wouldn't make many changes. I'd swap Wighton and Walker (Wighton to start at 5/8, Walker at 14 to come on later). I'd drop Crighton. I'd have Matt Lodge replace Klemmer, and I'd pick another big prop. Is Fifita an absolute impossible consideration?

Joely01

Bench
I wouldn't make many changes. I'd swap Wighton and Walker (Wighton to start at 5/8, Walker at 14 to come on later). I'd drop Crighton. I'd have Matt Lodge replace Klemmer, and I'd pick another big prop. Is Fifita an absolute impossible consideration?

He is for the second game, Tonga play same weekend.
But can play game 3 if we choose him

if i was the coach i would sit down with everyone i kept for game 2 and say "you've got one chance here if i have to get someone else to replace you for game 3 they will be picked for game 1 next year"

strider

Post Whore
Wighton is pointless off the bench

That bench is f**kin tiny .... cant believe thats what we would go with

If i were to play Pearce, and he has probably earnt it, personally i wouldnt partner with Cleary - tho i dont think its the worst thing possible either

strider

Post Whore
Oh, and Mitchell should get f**ked off and told to get his shit together .... potentially the most damaging back in the nrl, but a f**kin basket case too

Soren Lorenson

First Grade
That team is the same as what was scooped last night by Michael Chammas I think? Michael Carryanis broke it about halway thkrough Th e second half of the eels game on ABC but gave credir to original journo. Buzz pulling rank and claiming it for himself?

Soto

Bench
Oh, and Mitchell should get f**ked off and told to get his shit together .... potentially the most damaging back in the nrl, but a f**kin basket case too
Wighton provides coverage in all the backline positions and can also play lock and hooker if need be.
I would be very hesitant to play Tommy Turbo in the centres. That would make him and Cleary both playing out of position in the toughest game.
It's a very NSW approach dropping players left right and centre.
Bench is definitely on the smaller side.
Should have 2 props. With Sims as much i want him in the team he is not a prop. So effectively 3 backrowers on the bench???
I think if Pearce is 7, Maloney should be the 6.
If anyone watched Storm v Knights yesterday both Pearce and Safiti were ineffective. If that was the opportunity to confirm their selection well they f'd it up.
RCG and Matt Prior should be ahead of Safiti.
I hope NSW wins but Parra comes first :)

Gronk

Staff member
They just said on the Footy Show that Pierce is not eligible for selection bc of a dodgy hip.

Freddy has to go back to Maloney IMO because Cleary can’t set up plays and put players through holes.

Incorrect

Coach
Neither centre play in that position for their club...bizarrre selections IMO. Glad to see Finucane get a call up, I think it's long overdue. Sims just doesn't grab me, I just think there'd be a better option somewhere...

Latest posts