What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Latrell (officially signs with Souths 13/1/20)

AnonymousLurker

Juniors
Get over it I say. 1 bad game after some off field distractions. Chambers no doubt would have had a field day with the sledging.

I think Fittler should be the one under the spotlight . Did he not make a song and dance last year about picking players who had distractions , he himself admitted that Latrell has had distractions and roosters not happy ... SO WHY DID HE SELECT HIM !!

Until the blues admit what the real criteria is to select players and be forward about it we will never dominate SOO. Saying BS criteria so he can look like the good guy when he don't select players is pure BS

Perth Red

Post Whore
Just watching NRL360- Greg Alexander was sweating when questioned about Latrell Mitchell. Quite awkward.

Sweating? He looked down right about to explode lol. He was as cranky as a mule with sunburn. Thought he was going to get up and slap Kent at one point. Here's a tip Greg, don't go on a TV show if you don't want to answer questions lol.

Someguy

First Grade
I wouldn’t say he dominated Origin last year. He was great in Game 1. Dangerous but made stupid errors in Game 2 and pretty shit in Game 3.

He was made look better by the absolute gimp that was marking him.

So your saying Slater was man of the series?

In all seriousness latrell is potentially the best centre in the NRL and on his day he on another level. I’m hoping for rugby league in general that this doesn’t kick off some kind of form slump or worse depression stemming from negatives on and off the field.

Roosters not helping his form playing him at 5/8, also he needs to involve himself more when his team is not attacking, a few early in the set hit ups before the forwards are in place or even a few Hodges style dummy half runs

HowHigh

Coach
Just curious, has he ever once tried to compare himself to Inglis?
If not its not his fault the media hypes him up to it

Bloke

Juniors
There is some clarity needed here. Inglis was NOT a 5/8th. He was not.
He wore the number 6 yes, but at best he was a second lock forward or third centre playing two off the ruck. Used as a bigger, stronger, faster version of Scott Hill without the passing game.

Not denying he had a great game, but it was Cronk who ran the show and gave GI space to move. No need to think - just play his natural game.

If they had put Latrell there with Cronk tonight it probably would have worked fine. The moment thinking was involved it all went to shit.
This. His two tries in the 07 GF were basically fullback plays, not your classic 5/8. Munster is the first genuine 5/8 Melbourne has had since Scott Hill. That kid’s a natural pivot.

DeeJ

Bench
has the centre position ever been weaker than it is currently in the league?

I read an article a few months ago saying the centre is becoming somewhat redundant and wing has overtaken it and become on of the most important positions thanks to guys like Ferguson and Oates.

But there definitely is a shortage, just look at who the QLD centres were.

Pedge1971

First Grade
No excuses for Latrell last night. He was very poor and needs to drastically improve his streaky/flakey mentality.

Credit where it is due for his efforts last season. He was immense in Origin, which shouldn't be forgotten, as well as throughout the NRL season and also the GF.

But the greats have the ability to do it week in, week out; season after season.

And Latrell certainly didn't back it up last night. Even worse he's starting to look like a temperamental superstar that needs molly coddling continuously.

So get your shit sorted, Latrell. No one rewrites history like a horde of angry NSW Blues fans who have already forgotten about your efforts last season after your putrid game yesterday.

But put in a repeat performance and they'll be justified in pouring shit on you.

Oohh. Albert will be shitty...

Pedge1971

First Grade
No excuses for Latrell last night. He was very poor and needs to drastically improve his streaky/flakey mentality.

Credit where it is due for his efforts last season. He was immense in Origin, which shouldn't be forgotten, as well as throughout the NRL season and also the GF.

But the greats have the ability to do it week in, week out; season after season.

And Latrell certainly didn't back it up last night. Even worse he's starting to look like a temperamental superstar that needs molly coddling continuously.

So get your shit sorted, Latrell. No one rewrites history like a horde of angry NSW Blues fans who have already forgotten about your efforts last season after your putrid game yesterday.

But put in a repeat performance and they'll be justified in pouring shit on you.

I personally think Supercoach and number one tinkerman Robbo hasn't helped by playing him five eighth and esp with all that other shit going on around him.

He is 21 and his best is ahead of him. One bad game and everyone shits the bed. There will be more.

Pedge1971

First Grade
I think Fittler should be the one under the spotlight . Did he not make a song and dance last year about picking players who had distractions , he himself admitted that Latrell has had distractions and roosters not happy ... SO WHY DID HE SELECT HIM !!

Until the blues admit what the real criteria is to select players and be forward about it we will never dominate SOO. Saying BS criteria so he can look like the good guy when he don't select players is pure BS

This. I love how he went on radio today and claimed he nailed the interchange. Ffs he lost the match with the bench he selected and his interchange.

Mitchell did not shine, he was quiet. But he didnt really stink it up. He had f**k all chances for main part of the game..

Pedge1971

First Grade
So your saying Slater was man of the series?

In all seriousness latrell is potentially the best centre in the NRL and on his day he on another level. I’m hoping for rugby league in general that this doesn’t kick off some kind of form slump or worse depression stemming from negatives on and off the field.

Roosters not helping his form playing him at 5/8, also he needs to involve himself more when his team is not attacking, a few early in the set hit ups before the forwards are in place or even a few Hodges style dummy half runs

Man of the series last year was Tedesco imo.

Latrell was good but he did not shoot the lights out and was a little inconsistent. Not a criticism just an opinion.

Mr Spock!

Referee
I personally think Supercoach and number one tinkerman Robbo hasn't helped by playing him five eighth and esp with all that other shit going on around him.

He is 21 and his best is ahead of him. One bad game and everyone shits the bed. There will be more.
I think his last couple of games have been poor.

Hutty1986

Immortal
He dominated the flat tracks of SOO and a GF last year.
lololol. He played well in a GF the chooks utterly dominated, game 1 when NSW were on top and his shitty play in game 2 got Qld back in it when it looked like we were going to go on with it. Then of course game 3 last year when Qld bashed them-guess what? latrell was a ghost. Like game one this year when Qld bashed us-guess what? Latrell was not only a ghost, his braindead play left us a man short and cost us any hope of the win we needed to be any hope of winning this series.
Peaheart.