What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rd13: Parramatta v Sharks GAME DAY thread 8/6/19

Status
Not open for further replies.

T.S Quint

Coach
The guy has it all to do himself but. I’m not entirely defending him, but he is our only point of attack. I think people don’t realise just how big of a loss D Brown has been. He showed 5 times as much in 3 games as opposed to what W Smith has shown in 3 years.

His a future star of the game, and we simply need our full team to be even remotely competitive and that hasn’t been the case.

Moses’ kicks haven’t been great by any stretch, but where has his help been.

He shouldn’t need help to put in a grubber that doesn’t go dead or kick the ball out of touch on a penalty kick. Or put up a bomb that lands within 5 metres of where it should.

He’s been pretty disgraceful tonight. Even the one kick he put in which resulted in a try needed some miraculous work from Sivo not to have gone dead.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
The guy has it all to do himself but. I’m not entirely defending him, but he is our only point of attack. I think people don’t realise just how big of a loss D Brown has been. He showed 5 times as much in 3 games as opposed to what W Smith has shown in 3 years.

His a future star of the game, and we simply need our full team to be even remotely competitive and that hasn’t been the case.

Moses’ kicks haven’t been great by any stretch, but where has his help been.

Attacking structure compared to kicking well is different, I accept our attack would be a bit off tonight with the reshuffle but Moses kicking game shouldn’t have been affected.

He had plenty of time for most of his kicks and should have been able to kick well. He is always our main kicker taking most of them so tonight was no different.

Chipmunk

Coach
Well thank f**k the Sharks bombed half a dozen tries. They scoreline could've been anything.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
A fair platform?

As it stands six Sharks forwards have made 100m+

ONE Parra forward has (athough Paulo will). If you reckon that's a fair platform you ain't watching the game, sorry. We love to blame the play-makers and I've been criticised hugely on here for calling Moses a downhill skier which he is...but let's be serious. He lost the left side play maker in the second minute and had his halves partner shifted to the back (which f**ked the forward rotation, too), his side has had huge periods without the footy and his forwards have for the most part played like slugs.

Yeah, nah, it's all on the half back. His kicking game has been ordinary but lets at least be real.

The last 15-20 mins in the first half the forwards were laying a good platform we got into their half a few times, yet our kicking game was terrible ! Moses is responsible for that !

BTW 4 eels forwards made 100 metres...

Status
Not open for further replies.