What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

POST GAME DISCUSSION 2019 Rd13 - Eels 22 v Sharks 42

Kornstar

Coach
@Suitman i agree, i too think we are poorly coached.

I know we are stuck with him so no point harping on about being stuck with him but the only thing i say is that we need to sack both attack and defensive coaches asap and bring in ones that know what they are doing.

We need a new trainer because we look unfit.

And obviously we need some of the young guys with promise to come through and we need to sign a couple of good quality forwards and an outside back to 2.

I am actually happy with our spine, it is the supporting cast up front that really needs to be added to.

Those are the only things we have in our control as a club and it needs to happen otherwise the next few years will be more of the same.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
If Will Smith is picked again in first grade I’m happy to start a fund page to blow up the club. I’m sick of it the fans deserve better than this shit.

Joshuatheeel

Staff member
Moses has been on a hiding to nothing with a poor 6 there since Brown got injured. Moses has been an easy target but at least there was a slight chance the 6 would get the ball for a kick, tonight there was f**king no chance Gower was getting the ball so the Sharks know where to go and pressure him and he responded poorly, there is no doubt about that but to solely put the blame on him for a 42-22 loss is just plain f**king stupid!

I called it before the game, Moses scapegoat.

There was no intensity from us in this game apart from the 3 tries we scored at the end.

Other players did stupid stuff too! But Moses is our main kicker, with smith our second kicker. Smith was still out there and was able to take pressure off him, losing gutho didn’t affect our kicking game but yes our attacking structure.

Smith rarely kicks for us, since coming back in the 3 games he has made 1, 6 and 0 kicks. Tonight he made 2 kicks. He is never really a main kicking option, Moses is, the opposition is aware of that and losing gutho made no difference to them targeting Moses. He should have kicked better.

Chipmunk

Coach
Steve Smith shouldn't have to kick, he's a number four batsman FFS.

That sort of shit should be reserved for the tail, kicking the spinners away so they can bat longer with the set bat

Is Warner in the 6 an option. Chris Gayle would be as effective as Kane Evans

Well at least Liverpool won the champions league, inject that into my veins. I can live off that victory for the next 50 years. As for Parra, they will always be shit

T.S Quint

Coach
My opinion of the game:
Yuck!

My opinion of this thread:

giphy.gif

Kornstar

Coach
Other players did stupid stuff too! But Moses is our main kicker, with smith our second kicker. Smith was still out there and was able to take pressure off him, losing gutho didn’t affect our kicking game but yes our attacking structure.

Smith rarely kicks for us, since coming back in the 3 games he has made 1, 6 and 0 kicks. Tonight he made 2 kicks. He is never really a main kicking option, Moses is, the opposition is aware of that and losing gutho made no difference to them targeting Moses. He should have kicked better.

Of course he should have kicked better but the opposition still scored 42 points.

The reason he is not getting 1mill a year is because he isn't the type of half that can do it all on his own, so when he has a massive target on his head and absolutely shit go forward to give him room on the 5th tackle he doesn't cope that well.

He needs a half decent 6 who can at the very least kick and he has not had that since Brown was injured.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
We just need more TPA’s.

Our coach and his team are awesome. We just need more TPA’s. It’s what’s holding us back. Nothing to do with or fraud of a coach who should be homeless.

Delboy

First Grade
When first up contact is soft, as it was for 45 minutes , we get run over.

When the no 2 playmaker is out, the opposition as tonight just crowd Moses and he suffers. When kicks went to Mahoney and Smith instead of Moses omg. Lane has basically got no ball since Drown went into recuperation, even worse service from Will Smith than Salmon.

The side really has 1 starting NRL level prop, and when you play agst Souths, Broncos, Storm and even Sharks it tells massively. What do they say forwards win matches , the backs decide by how much.

Tonight demonstrated how much a player like Dylan Brown adds, let's face it Will Smith is a utility at best, not a starter.

There needs to be a massive go to sign at least 1 experienced prop, a strike centre and possibly an experienced 9. There is a decent core that falls away quickly on injuries etc. maybe a question to be asked is why we have so few young players in our top 30, there is a use by date a fair few of our roster have reached.

Mr Pmatta

Juniors
Losing Gutho was huge, though dumb kicking on all fronts cost us big in the first half
not kicking out on the full from a penalty, kicking too hard in goal a few times, kicking on 3rd tackle etc...

Hope Gutho and Ma'u good to go next week. Nathan Brown a shining light, will be better for the run

I think we will give the showponys a good run next Saturday night. Need to win that and v Canberra in Darwin, then the bye. 6 points next 3 weeks will do us nicely and back in contention

You are joking right :pray:

Soto

Bench
When first up contact is soft, as it was for 45 minutes , we get run over.

When the no 2 playmaker is out, the opposition as tonight just crowd Moses and he suffers. When kicks went to Mahoney and Smith instead of Moses omg. Lane has basically got no ball since Drown went into recuperation, even worse service from Will Smith than Salmon.

The side really has 1 starting NRL level prop, and when you play agst Souths, Broncos, Storm and even Sharks it tells massively. What do they say forwards win matches , the backs decide by how much.

Tonight demonstrated how much a player like Dylan Brown adds, let's face it Will Smith is a utility at best, not a starter.

There needs to be a massive go to sign at least 1 experienced prop, a strike centre and possibly an experienced 9. There is a decent core that falls away quickly on injuries etc. maybe a question to be asked is why we have so few young players in our top 30, there is a use by date a fair few of our roster have reached.
Couldn't agree more.
Need to continue to add quality. I will further add we need 2 not 1 props, definitely a centre and mahoney needs to be subbed with Mcillwrick after 25 mins. Its soooo obvious opposition teams run all match at reed and his service suffers and has no gas to run.
I will also say Moeroa and Will Smith should join Wenty next week.
Hopefully DBrown is back otherwise Salmon back at 5/8.
With Guth back, Dbrown and Mcillwrick will be a different side. Nathan Brown was very good and will only get better. And yes cant wait for the broom through the place at seasons end..even now if we can

TheParraboy

Staff member
You are joking right :pray:

I think if we are gonna do anything this year like make the top 8, next few weeks is the time to do it, we dont have a bad draw coming up

wether we can is another thing, still have some hope

lose to the showponys and canberra next two weeks , we are probably shot for the year

Latest posts