What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R13 Sat - Warriors 10-32 Storm @ Mt Smart

Round 13: Warriors v Storm

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

Bazal

Post Whore
Rare footage of Kearney in the coaches box

k0NvESm.png

Time to dust off the old BigFace presser gif for another go.

tenor.gif

axl rose

Bench
Blocker thinks Czechs are German.

lol
What a dope. It's bad enough watching Penalty Storm play but Blocker makes any game insufferable.

Ray Warren thinks Fiji is a single village in which the entire population tunes in to watch their favorite Fijian winger play.

KeepingTheFaith

Referee
Barring a classic Dragons choke, the Warriors will be bottom 4 by the end of the weekend. Very disappointing considering how they started the year.

We started the year beating the team currently coming last. Aside from that we've been shit since round 2.

Bottom 4 is where we belong.

ram raid

Bench
Game has not been officiated properly since mid last year when Gould and the other muppets decided they didn't like it.

Apparently we just want an aesthetically pleasing spectacle. Otherwise Buzz will switch over to the soccer. My thinking is we should script the whole game. Nobody complains about the refs in WWE, that's for sure.

t-ba

Post Whore
What a dope. It's bad enough watching Penalty Storm play but Blocker makes any game insufferable.

Ray Warren thinks Fiji is a single village in which the entire population tunes in to watch their favorite Fijian winger play.

Ray Warren?

I Wish I'd never heard the f**ker!

no name

Coach
That last tackle of the Warriors sums up the Storm’s attitude about giving penalties away. Storm up by 22, last tackle of the game and Papen whatshisname had no intention to do anything but lie in the ruck.
The constant laying in the ruck is so frustrating to watch and teams like the Storm bank on the refs not blowing a penalty every single time, and it’s working a treat.

HowHigh

Coach
That last tackle of the Warriors sums up the Storm’s attitude about giving penalties away. Storm up by 22, last tackle of the game and Papen whatshisname had no intention to do anything but lie in the ruck.
The constant laying in the ruck is so frustrating to watch and teams like the Storm bank on the refs not blowing a penalty every single time, and it’s working a treat.
And the amount of times a player is called held while still upright but Smith still brings him to the ground after the call

flippikat

Bench
Surely Toovey or Griffin would be in the crosshairs if the Warriors were keen on offloading SK

I'd go for Toovey over Griffin *anyday* - for the mere fact that he's more likely to give under-performing players the kick in the pants they need. However.. if that's the only two choices we have, it's pretty slim pickings.

Saxon

Bench
If you don't like it, blame Gould and Johns. Or blame Toddy. The Nine commentators' merciless campaign against the refs last year made Greenburg choke and the NRL accept that this is how Rugby League is played.

typicalfan

Coach
The refs were awful last season much worse than this season. Before and after the supposed crackdown.

Mr Angry

Not a Referee
I tipped the Warriors, about as strong as they get, at home , storm after origin.

What is wrong with me, did I forget the idiot in charge? I feel like a warrior for tipping them.

Saints reckon their coach is shyte, he is a genius next to potato head.

no name

Coach
If you don't like it, blame Gould and Johns. Or blame Toddy. The Nine commentators' merciless campaign against the refs last year made Greenburg choke and the NRL accept that this is how Rugby League is played.
Why not blame the players for doing it and then the refs for not being consistent enough with the rulings.

edabomb

First Grade
This club let Johnson go, why again?

Something about becoming a cut throat, high performance organisation :)

Got to love the NZ commentators though. At one stage when Melbourne with 12 men easily shut out NZ Justin Morgan said it's actually easier to defend your line with 12 players because the fullback is in the line. With that type of brain power around no wonder Kearney and Blake Green are revered as geniuses.