What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 ratings

Starkers

Bench
last years game 1 had a national peak audience of 3.894 million viewers and a national average audience of 3.456 million, going from the NRL website.

i assume there will be revisions and more city data to come for that number above.

Not up for debate. Fox would sink without NRL or auskick. If either left, they would become unsustainable.
Shark supports the wrong view as usual. I’ll add it to the list. :joy:

Market penetration for AFL subs is much lower than RL subs as has been pointed out for aeons. The much awaited - in AFL circles - bump due to AFL expansion never happened...

DC_fan

Coach
https://www.dailytelegraph.com.au/s...mSuvlK8J0tNXR6LllkByYZ607Y0FzwGcvMM3Me2vKKHO0

Origin I was the highest rating show on Australian TV this year but still well down on previous seasons. The match attracted 175,000 less viewers than last year’s opener and 530,000 less than 2016.

The increased national exposure from playing game two in Perth will no doubt lift figures on June 23 in prime time on a Sunday night.

No matter what spin people may wish to put on these figures they are pretty ordinary. Is ,state of origin losing it’s lustre? Is rugby league losing its appeal?

Shark62

Juniors
No matter what spin people may wish to put on these figures they are pretty ordinary. Is ,state of origin losing it’s lustre? Is rugby league losing its appeal?
Fta ratings are tumbling across the board. Both afl and nrl gfs had lower ratings last year. Games can be downloaded via other streams. No need to panic at all.