What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

T.S Quint

Coach
His work rate in defence is way down this year. Sure his attack has been good but the team's attack overall has been good. We need to improve our defence.

Didn’t we start the season as one of the best defensive sides? We were looking good for the first 6-7 weeks in that area...but then we played the Storm. I’d like to know what the f**k happened for our players to suddenly forget how to defend.

gaffer

Juniors
Didn’t we start the season as one of the best defensive sides? We were looking good for the first 6-7 weeks in that area...but then we played the Storm. I’d like to know what the f**k happened for our players to suddenly forget how to defend.
weren't we getting of the line like whippets then and now they are getting off the line like sloths

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It is mental. We lack trust in each other. There's no point getting off the line hard if you're the only one because you'll leave a big gap. At least moving up slowly the line stays intact.

On-field leadership will fix that.

gaffer

Juniors
we missed out on dwz but rcg is on the outer too i'd rather him than going after wacker blake who might not get on the paddock till at least round 20

Noise

Coach
It is mental. We lack trust in each other. There's no point getting off the line hard if you're the only one because you'll leave a big gap. At least moving up slowly the line stays intact.

On-field leadership will fix that.

I don’t disagree but where are we getting this leadership from? Gutho isn’t the answer. Who is available?

Happy MEel

First Grade
30 tackles in 40 minutes is great. But he offers f**k all in attack.
26 tackles in 40 minutes with an average of about 2 missed is fairly average for a middle and his attack is poor (averaging 70m this year with f**k all tackle busts and line breaks).

He’s bog average (to the point of being a fringe first grader. If we are to re-sign him he should be paid accordingly <$150k

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
I don’t disagree but where are we getting this leadership from? Gutho isn’t the answer. Who is available?
The answer isn't any single player. Every club has a leadership group and every successful team has a bunch of leaders making a huge difference. For us we'll have to buy some to go with the few we already have.

Djay

Juniors
The most disappointing thing about Moeroa for me is his lack of footy brains - twice in the last three or four weeks, he has tackled the kicker after the kick, and given away a penalty.

Last night's was particularly bad, because we were wrestling our way back into the contest, and he released all the pressure with one stupid, boneheaded play.

A guy with 100 First Grade games should know better.
I wanted to put my foot through the TV after that, how f**king dumb can you be? His a stupid stupid footballer and like you said has done it more then once recently.

We were getting back in it and he gives that away.

For me, he has to go, he came on the scene and promised so much and has delivered nothing but mediocrity.

He hardly runs any good lines anymore, is a battering ram with no offload or ball skill.

He is a prime example of how players have gone no where under BA for mine. He sums us up quite perfectly.

Djay

Juniors
We don't really have any "arrogant" forwards; the guys who are first in contact, and make it their mission to drive their opponent backwards.

I think I have said before that our pack waits for the runner to get to them, and then initiate contact; this gives the runner all the momentum.

Against Souths, we were in their face all night, and look at the result.

We need a JWH-style forward, an Adrian Morley-style.

Ma'u is aggressive, but perhaps not big enough to play that role.
We need 3 to 4 new forwards, 2 middles and another wide running back rower.

All who hit hard and run hard, and hate to lose.

Like you say, we need some arrogant assholes exactly like Burgess. People hate him but he would kill to win and that is what we need.

Plus a centre would also do.

Latest posts