What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Match Discussion: Round 14 vs Cowboys @ 1300SMILES Stadium

Who will win? Round 14: Cowboys v Wests Tigers

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member

NRL 2019 - Round 14
North Queensland Cowboys v Wests Tigers
1300SMILES Stadium, Townsville (TICKETS)
Friday 14 June 2019

Gates 5:15pm / NRL Touch 5:30pm / NRL 7:55pm

TL-NQL19.png

1. Michael Morgan 2. Kyle Feldt 3. Enari Tuala 4. Tom Opacic 5. Javid Bowen 6. John Asiata 7. Jake Clifford 8. Josh McGuire 9. Jake Granville 10. Scott Bolton 11. Gavin Cooper 12. Coen Hess 13. Jason Taumalolo
Interchange: 14. Kurt Baptiste 15. Shane Wright 16. Corey Jensen 17. Francis Molo 18. Peter Hola 19. Jordan Kahu 20. Dan Russell 21. Emry Pere

TL-WST19.png

1. Corey Thompson 2. Robert Jennings 3. Moses Mbye 4. Esan Marsters 5. David Nofoaluma 6. Benji Marshall 7. Luke Brooks 8. Ben Matulino 9. Robbie Farah 10. Alex Twal 11. Ryan Matterson 12. Michael Chee-Kam 13. Matt Eisenhuth
Interchange: 14. Jacob Liddle 15. Thomas Mikaele 16. Josh Aloiai 17. Chris Lawrence 18. Paul Momirovski 19. Chris McQueen 20. Elijah Taylor 21. Luke Garner

xoKyYW1.png

Referees: Ben Cummins, David Munro
Sideline Officials: Tim Roby, Belinda Sharpe
Video Referees: Steve Chiddy, Beau Scott

Feeder club info
Cowboys: Mackay Cutters, Northern Pride & Townsville Blackhawks (QRL: Intrust Super Cup, Hastings Deering Colts U20s)
Wests Tigers: Western Suburbs Magpies (NSWRL: Canterbury Cup), Wests Tigers (NSWRL: Jersey Flegg Cup U20s)
Match information for all competitions via https://leagueunlimited.com/quick-links​​​​

Last edited by a moderator:

The unknown

Juniors
I guess if there's one positive playing on a Friday that when we lose I can drown my sorrows then get on with my weekend

Rather than looking forward to us playing all weekend on a Sunday only to play like a bunch of spastics

Cows 13+

super_coach

First Grade
Feel that way too

Last week broke me, over putting so much into supporting this team. Nothings going to change

Seen plenty of really poor efforts over the years, but I think what was so deflating about last Friday is there is nothing to suggest we are going to be able to turn this crappy football team around. I guess we can only pray that about ten players find a new home out of the blue...but pigs might fly.

Someone should take a contract out on Cleary for getting us into the deepest hole in the NRL

Perth Tiger

Bench
Feel that way too

Last week broke me, over putting so much into supporting this team. Nothings going to change
I only lasted to half time on Friday, or more exactly that try just before.

When teams start scoring arsey tries against us you know it is all over.

I say now that I will skip the cowboys game but come the weekend I know I will put myself through some more self flagellation :(

Tigerm

First Grade
I only lasted to half time on Friday, or more exactly that try just before.

When teams start scoring arsey tries against us you know it is all over.

I say now that I will skip the cowboys game but come the weekend I know I will put myself through some more self flagellation :(
Correct, because we never know which team is going to turn up:D

Pezz70

Juniors
If the Cowboys beat us next weekend we will not win another game this year. I think we are a good bet for the spoon. Cannot see a side bar maybe the Titans who are as bad as us. The Titans have a better side on paper. 5 teams below us three have yet to pick up 2pts for their bye

super_coach

First Grade
If the Cowboys beat us next weekend we will not win another game this year. I think we are a good bet for the spoon. Cannot see a side bar maybe the Titans who are as bad as us. The Titans have a better side on paper. 5 teams below us three have yet to pick up 2pts for their bye

I have said in the past that maybe the spoon could be the best thing for this club, but sadly we are now in a hole that could take a few years to climb out of even with a great coach.

I think our short and long term future is in real trouble, the club desperately needs some success and to achieve that they need a massive roster over haul and to achieve that they need cap space. The old catch 22.

In the past I have always thought we will get better, now not so sure

The unknown

Juniors

Titans would destroy us in current form imo

Courage.

I was looking at Madge and ascertained that however cautious he appears to be, he’s not afraid to kick people off the bus.

Thus in his first two years at Souths he took out the back and shot no less than 10 of his squad.

In terms of his recruitment, he sourced players from England and qld cup.

But it would be fair to say that he also had a solid basis of a roster and his main contribution was to help them become better footballers.

Maybe a fair example of this is Sam Burgess who became one of the greatest forwards in the world under his stewardship. Adam Reynolds etc and he helped spot and lure a forgotten Damien Cook, who was flipping burgers over at the dogs and at times, couldnt get a game.

Now that young nutty he’s on 750k+ a season and is the best hooker in the world. Ask Robbie about cook.

Moreover, Madge wins well over 60% of his games coached in the broad, regardless of the challenge.

When the rabbits won the premiership, they backed that up with the club challenge and the Auckland nines. They became the best rugby league side ever on earth coached by one Micheal Maguire.

So I think we have to forget the quick fix and at least based on history, show faith and composure.

If it doesn’t work, fine, but until then....

Plus, he had a lot of clubs chasing him and he came here.

Last edited:

stryker

First Grade
Courage.

I was looking at Madge and ascertained that however cautious he appears to be, he’s not afraid to kick people off the bus.

Thus in his first two years at Souths he took out the back and shot no less than 10 of his squad.

In terms of his recruitment, he sourced players from England and qld cup.

But it would be fair to say that he also had a solid basis of a roster and his main contribution was to help them become better footballers.

Maybe a fair example of this is Sam Burgess who became one of the greatest forwards in the world under his stewardship. Adam Reynolds etc and he helped spot and lure a forgotten Damien Cook, who was flipping burgers over at the dogs and at times, couldnt get a game.

Now that young nutty he’s on 750k+ a season and is the best hooker in the world. Ask Robbie about cook.

Moreover, Madge wins well over 60% of his games coached in the broad, regardless of the challenge.

When the rabbits won the premiership, they backed that up with the club challenge and the Auckland nines. They became the best rugby league side ever on earth coached by one Micheal Maguire.

So I think we have to forget the quick fix and at least based on history, show faith and composure.

If it doesn’t work, fine, but until then....

Plus, he had a lot of clubs chasing him and he came here.
"became the best rugby league side ever on earth"
f**k off you silly troll.

Vic Mackey

Referee
we've tended to perform pretty well in overnight away games since last year. melbourne x2, auckland double header, brisbane x2, tamworthx2 and canberra. 6 from 8 there with both losses being last minute ones. sometimes when you go away as a group it can bring you closer, the games feel more like event type ones as opposed to a standard cold saturday night in sydney and can be easier to get up for. hoping for the same tomorrow night

Pezz70

Juniors
We will bounce back - us by 10 pts - MM MoM

Mitch Moses plays for Parra!!!!:joy:

I think we are lucky to be playing an injury ravaged Cowboys, I still think they’ll play Clifford Taumalolo Morgan directly at Mbye and score 3 or 4 tries down that side, and that doesn’t mention Cooper who will run nice tight angles around Mbye on that left side. It’s a big mistake playing Moses in the centres.

Trollhammaren

Juniors
This is the kinda game, when fans seriously have lost all but 0.001% hope, that the team finally plays well and jags a good win on the road. I'm not confident but will begrudgingly watch the game.

Latest posts