What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Round 13 against the Roosters

GongPanther

Referee
I must say I have been pleasantly surprised by To’o.

When I first saw him on the field in his debut against the Warriors I thought he was far too small to be a first grade quality winger, and he got monstered in that game.

Since then he has been making a ton of meters, he bends the line back even when being tackled by guys much bigger than him. He also has pace and a great change of direction. The way he was changing direction and making big metres in open space today on a few occasions was really impressive.
You could sense he was going to be something special when he scored that try for NSW u20's last year.

GongPanther

Referee
We have a depleted souths followed by the hot and cold warriors then the bye if we can win our next 2 games we will be well on our way towards the top 8
Yep,and I had a look through the entire draw. And there will be match ups around our part of the ladder which will help us along. Provided we keep our heads about us,and take it one week at a time, this season can yet still be salvaged.

luv my panfas

Juniors
I'm not sure we can give all the credit to DWZ for the team's poor attitude. The improvement also coincides with the coach actually dropping players. And DWZ's response to being dropped gave the coach the opportunity to keep DWZ out of the team and hopefully set a standard for others.
Ive watched that collision with edwards a few times now Struggling to see anything but anger Big call i know but im finding it hard not believe Dallin meant it . maybe im wrong ?

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Just back to regional nsw after the riff trip and game yesterday. These are my thoughts.

Kenny is looking like being a good hooker, far better than Katoa that I saw in round 1. His service is crisp and fast. He is a tough little defender too willing to be aggressive in both the defence and attack line.

Naden is the future Sadly I think Whare might be getting to the back end of his carrer. I liked what I saw from Bent.

Sauce is back baby back big time.

Martin does a heap of dirty work and works well in the team.

Kikua is only going to get better.

Loved the win.

Kilkenny

Coach
Aside from the obvious dodgy calls Cummins was not the least bit interested in keeping the Roosters back 10. It was common for defenders to be 2-3 metres offside all game and they were the ones closest to Cummins. It was actually quite bizarre.

Panfa

Juniors
I think we have finally found the right balance for the team id only make 1 change when whare or blake are available yeo back to the forwards and 1 of them back to centre thats it.

tripster

Juniors
Aside from the obvious dodgy calls Cummins was not the least bit interested in keeping the Roosters back 10. It was common for defenders to be 2-3 metres offside all game and they were the ones closest to Cummins. It was actually quite bizarre.

I agree. It was often the defenders right next to Cummins who were the most offside. The sooner his career comes to an end the better. There must be plenty of young referees they could promote and replace him who would do a better job.

I think we have finally found the right balance for the team id only make 1 change when whare or blake are available yeo back to the forwards and 1 of them back to centre thats it.

I don’t think we’ll be allowed to do that. First centre back will replace Naden. Unless we somehow find a spot for him in the top 30.

(Although we could put Aekins/Cartwright/Luai into the centres as well.

OldPanther

Coach
MOST TACKLES
Liam Martin: 49
Mitch Kenny: 42
James Fisher-Harris: 39
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 31
James Tamou: 28
Viliame Kikau: 26

MOST METRES
Dylan Edwards: 205m (23 runs)
Josh Mansour: 201m (17 runs)
Brian To’o: 183m (15 runs)
Brent Naden: 165m (14 runs)
Viliame Kikau: 152m (17 runs)
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 131m (13 runs)
James Tamou: 116m (16 runs)
Liam Martin: 106m (10 runs)
Nathan Cleary: 105m (22 runs)
James Maloney: 104m (16 runs)
POST-CONTACT METRES
Josh Mansour: 59m
Brian To’o: 45m
Brent Naden: 40m
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 40m
Viliame Kikau: 39m
James Tamou: 35m
Dylan Edwards: 33m

MOST OFFLOADS
Josh Mansour: 3
Viliame Kikau: 2
Isaah Yeo: 2
Brent Naden: 1
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 1
Dylan Edwards: 1
Moses Leota: 1
James Maloney: 1
Nathan Cleary: 1
LINE BREAKS
Brian To’o: 1
Josh Mansour: 1
Viliame Kikau: 1

TACKLE BREAKS
Viliame Kikau: 10
Josh Mansour: 7
Dylan Edwards: 6
Brian To’o: 5
James Maloney: 3
Liam Martin: 2
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 2
Moses Leota: 2
TRY ASSISTS

TRIES

CONVERSIONS
Nathan Cleary: 3 from 3

FIELD GOALS
James Maloney: 1 from 1

TEAM STATS
RUN METRES - Panthers: 1,767m | Roosters: 1,351m
POSSESSION - Panthers: 52% | Roosters: 48%
COMPLETED SETS: Panthers: 27/41 | Roosters: 25/36
COMPLETION RATE: Panthers: 66% | Roosters: 69%
TACKLE BREAKS: Panthers: 41 | Roosters: 37
TACKLES: Panthers: 332 | Roosters: 343

Crashtest

Juniors
MOST TACKLES
Liam Martin: 49
Mitch Kenny: 42
James Fisher-Harris: 39
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 31
James Tamou: 28
Viliame Kikau: 26

MOST METRES
Dylan Edwards: 205m (23 runs)
Josh Mansour: 201m (17 runs)
Brian To’o: 183m (15 runs)
Brent Naden: 165m (14 runs)
Viliame Kikau: 152m (17 runs)
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 131m (13 runs)
James Tamou: 116m (16 runs)
Liam Martin: 106m (10 runs)
Nathan Cleary: 105m (22 runs)
James Maloney: 104m (16 runs)
POST-CONTACT METRES
Josh Mansour: 59m
Brian To’o: 45m
Brent Naden: 40m
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 40m
Viliame Kikau: 39m
James Tamou: 35m
Dylan Edwards: 33m

MOST OFFLOADS
Josh Mansour: 3
Isaah Yeo: 2
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 1
Moses Leota: 1
James Maloney: 1
Nathan Cleary: 1
LINE BREAKS
Brian To’o: 1
Josh Mansour: 1
Viliame Kikau: 1

TACKLE BREAKS
Viliame Kikau: 10
Josh Mansour: 7
Dylan Edwards: 6
Brian To’o: 5
Liam Martin: 2
Reagan Campbell-Gillard: 2
Moses Leota: 2
TRY ASSISTS

TRIES

CONVERSIONS
Nathan Cleary: 3 from 3

FIELD GOALS
James Maloney: 1 from 1

TEAM STATS
RUN METRES - Panthers: 1,767m | Roosters: 1,351m
POSSESSION - Panthers: 52% | Roosters: 48%
COMPLETED SETS: Panthers: 27/41 | Roosters: 25/36
COMPLETION RATE: Panthers: 66% | Roosters: 69%
TACKLE BREAKS: Panthers: 41 | Roosters: 37
TACKLES: Panthers: 332 | Roosters: 343

Those stats confirm just how strong our backs were yesterday, with 6 of our 7 running for over 100m.

How good is it to see Mansour back in form making metres and busting tackles. We always look a much better team when he is playing well, and shows how much we missed him while he was struggling for form and confidence early in the season.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mansour returning to this sort of form is a big surprise. Although thankfully he hasnt been asked to contest many bombs. Teams would prefer to target To'o.

Roosters as you would expect backed Tupou over him. Surprisingly the height difference never really hurt us. Not often a winger could give away a foot to his opponent and not be punished for it.

Josh though has just been pumping out his metres again like he used to. Easily his best couple of games since his face was busted. It's great to see.

Aliceinwonderland

First Grade
Who's that no 3? Some spectacular finishes in the corner there.

Would have like to see that Aekins in his NRL opportunity too.

He was pretty darn wonderful. Him and Naden for 2020 in the centres. Look it in now Eddy. Heck of a lot cheaper than what we have now. Both good. athletic, defensive centres. All over their opposition.

Latest posts