What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2020 Shopping List

lingard

Coach
Absolutely.

I believe in second chances.

But a few posts ago, you said you don't want Lodge anywhere near the club. And for the record, I saw that interview he did with Yvonne Sampson, and I thought it took a lot of guts for him to do that. She really grilled him, I thought. Also, when he did what he did in the U.S. he was off his tits on drugs and alcohol. Probably doesn't even remember it. He didn't bash anyone, didn't rape anyone, just scared the living daylights out of a few people. The whole f**king thing has been blown right out of proportion if you ask me. I'd welcome him to the club. Great player who has f**ked up badly with drugs and alcohol. That makes him "an excrement of a human being"?

Eelementary

Post Whore
But a few posts ago, you said you don't want Lodge anywhere near the club. And for the record, I saw that interview he did with Yvonne Sampson, and I thought it took a lot of guts for him to do that. She really grilled him, I thought. Also, when he did what he did in the U.S. he was off his tits on drugs and alcohol. Probably doesn't even remember it. He didn't bash anyone, didn't rape anyone, just scared the living daylights out of a few people. The whole f**king thing has been blown right out of proportion if you ask me. I'd welcome him to the club. Great player who has f**ked up badly with drugs and alcohol. That makes him "excrement of a human being"?

They're not mutually exclusive.

And I said I, for one, would welcome him, had he shown remorse.

The fact he had the guts to front up is not the debate here; he didn't take responsibility.

I guess from what you're saying that it is ok to get high, follow someone home, and threaten their lives, because as long as you don't physically do anything, it's fine...

He is much, much larger than your average person, he has a history of violence (see his under-20's fights for reference), he was high on alcohol and drugs, he followed an innocent couple home, and threatened their lives...and he has not openly admitted he f**ked up; instead, he has blamed alcohol, drugs, and his mental state.

Now, I'm a firm believer in mental health issues - but good people use their mental state to explain their actions, not place them blame on them, as I feel Lodge did.

We won't ever agree - I think he is a complete scumbag, you don't. That's fine.

It doesn't matter, anyway - whether he signs or not, it is completely out of my hands.

But he is a scumbag, imo, and I would be disappointed if we went after his signature.

Chipmunk

Coach
To be honest I don't get the love for Lodge at all. Pangai Jnr, Haas, Fifita, Ofengaue, and Gillett are all Origin Level rep players. If Lodge was any good also, they'd be well ahead of us on the ladder.

Probably doesn't even remember it. He didn't bash anyone, didn't rape anyone, just scared the living daylights out of a few people. The whole f**king thing has been blown right out of proportion if you ask me. I'd welcome him to the club. Great player who has f**ked up badly with drugs and alcohol. That makes him "an excrement of a human being"?

Excuse me? He didn't bash anyone?

Cartright, who had a unit near the foyer, went to help the women, but Lodge put him in a headlock and punched him in the face.

Lodge also went into Cartright’s apartment, locked the door, began breaking plates and furniture and then attempted to smash down the door to a bathroom where Cartright’s wife and son were hiding.

https://www.theguardian.com/sport/2...hew-lodge-avoids-jail-in-us-over-2015-rampage

Putting someone in a headlock and punching them in the face is almost bashing someone.

lingard

Coach
They're not mutually exclusive.

I guess from what you're saying that it is ok to get high, follow someone home, and threaten their lives, because as long as you don't physically do anything, it's fine...

If you honestly think I said that, you need your head examined.

lingard

Coach
To be honest I don't get the love for Lodge at all. Pangai Jnr, Haas, Fifita, Ofengaue, and Gillett are all Origin Level rep players. If Lodge was any good also, they'd be well ahead of us on the ladder.

You're saying that because the Broncos aren't well ahead of us on the ladder, then Lodge isn't any good? Strange logic, mate.

IFR33K

Coach

Watch this space...

IFR33K

Coach
Ffs ma’u assaulted someone so bad he done jail time.

Wicks was jailed for dealing drugs.

I’m sure there’s others I’ve forgotten about.

Lodge won’t be the first merkin we’ve signed and dare I say he won’t be the last.

I didn't realise he'd done that. That's pretty bad. I still maintain he was out of his mind, and I'm happy to give him a chance at Parramatta.

Oh I'm not saying we should never sign him. But there's been a lot of crap flying around (not your post) prettying up what he actually did.