What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

amitropo

Juniors
Was he pushed out?
Could this explain the poor performances over the last month or so?
Possibly more than he, were tapped on shoulder to move on.
Maybe BA extension coincides with new faces next season?

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
I just had confirmation from inside the club that he is gone, effective immediately.
He asked for a release.

I don’t blame him. He’s in reserve grade and is trying to put himself in the shop window for one last contract, whether it’s here or England. Time for the club to move forward now and transform this pack because it’s needed.

emjaycee

Coach
Eels skipper Tim Mannah to join West Tigers immediately

Parramatta club captain Tim Mannah will sensationally leave the Eels as early as Tuesday to sign with Wests Tigers.

It would end a remarkable 11 year career at Parramatta for one of the club’s most respected players.

The Daily Telegraph can reveal negotiations between Mannah, Parramatta and Wests Tigers only started late Monday afternoon.

One source close to Parramatta said: “It has all happened so fast.”

It is understood the Wests Tigers deal — at this point — would only be for the remainder of this season.

Negotiations are expected to conclude Tuesday when the deal will be formally announced by Wests Tigers.

Parramatta recently told Mannah, aged 31, that his future beyond this season was uncertain.

Mannah comes off contract after this year and was expected to leave Australia for the English Super League.

But Wests Tigers entered negotiations late and look to have signed the veteran prop although there is still a possibility talks could fall over late.

Parramatta has two outstanding young props emerging trough the grades to replace Mannah — Oregon Kaufusi and Stefano Utoikamanu.

Mannah’s negotiations were treated respectfully by Parramatta but he was informed he wouldn’t be re-signed for next season.

The Eels wanted to give Mannah sufficient time to find a new club.

Wests Tigers are understood to be signing Mannah mid-season for a bargain price. It is unknown whether Wests Tigers have plans to sign Mannah for another season in 2020.

Mannah is a former Parramatta skipper who is now club captain. Fullback Clint Gutherson is the current team skipper.

Parramatta fans will be gutted to lose Mannah, a club favourite. He has played his entire NRL club at Parramatta and many thought Mannah would retire a one-club legend.

He has played nearly 250 games for the Eels along with representing City, NSW, Lebanon and the Prime Minister’s XIII.

Mannah debuted for Parramatta against the New Zealand Warriors at Mount Smart Stadium way back in 2009.

The hardworking forward has started a number of games this season from the interchange bench.

Wests Tigers will sign Mannah due to his strong work ethic, his ability to nurture rookies and his professionalism. The Tigers also need front-rowers.

Late last month, Mannah was demoted to reserve grade.

“It’s sad because Tim is so well loved at Parramatta,” said one source. “But this is the reality of rugby league these days.

“Parramatta has some great young props coming through and Wests Tigers also need some front-rowers. As sad as it is, everyone wins.”

This bit means that others have probably been told the same thing...
Mannah’s negotiations were treated respectfully by Parramatta but he was informed he wouldn’t be re-signed for next season.

Bye Taka.

TIGER14

Bench
Don't see how this is a good signing for us, you guys or for Mannah.
Surely Parra and Mannah would have both preferred he finished up as a one club player. And for us he'd just be taking up cap room that we could be using elsewhere.

Matty Bhoy

Juniors
Surely Parra and Mannah would have both preferred he finished up as a one club player. And for us he'd just be taking up cap room that we could be using elsewhere.

It’s good for us because we’ve created room for Waqa Blake or whoever. He wasn’t getting extended and it’s better to rip the band aid off.

DaveMc

Juniors
I mean, does anyone really care about the whole ‘one club player’ thing anymore? It’s bizarre, and I can’t understand why anyone is keen for it, but meaning that Tim won’t be a one club player is really the least of it.

Bazal

Post Whore

If you guys were to ship off Packer and Matulino as rumoured you'll need a stop gap. If Tim's been told "sorry mate you're not in the plans and Utoikamanu and Kaufusi will be picked ahead of you barring injury" but he doesn't want to retire yet, then he needs to be in FG at least as a fill in to get the best deal he can in the UK or whatever.

Plus it frees up a top 30 spot for us to either buy a late random (eg Waqa Blake is rumoured) or promote from within if needed.

Soto

Bench
I mean, does anyone really care about the whole ‘one club player’ thing anymore? It’s bizarre, and I can’t understand why anyone is keen for it, but meaning that Tim won’t be a one club player is really the least of it.
Just securing his playing future.
Needs to look after his family and probably not interested in going to England.

So what now..!

Do we promote a rookie.?
For mine promoting a rookie would be silly when rookies can play NRL in a few weeks time.

Do we purchase another middle.?
If so who do we target.? RCG.?

What;s your thoughts

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Business is business and probably the best result for both parties all things considered, but still a pretty shit way for a bloke who has given us 10+ years of service to end his time at the club.

People can say a lot of negative things about Timmy but one thing is you know he always tried his backside off. There are plenty of players I’ve seen wear our jersey with twice his footballing ability but only half the heart.

DaveMc

Juniors
Can I just make one point? It seems a harsh thing to happen to a stalwart like Tim, but if this is a sign of our club getting more strategic and, frankly, ruthless with recruitment, then surely that’s a good thing. Sentimental attachment must take a backseat to proper recruitment and retention going forward.

Soto

Bench
Can I just make one point? It seems a harsh thing to happen to a stalwart like Tim, but if this is a sign of our club getting more strategic and, frankly, ruthless with recruitment, then surely that’s a good thing. Sentimental attachment must take a backseat to proper recruitment and retention going forward.
Spot on...its projector gate mkII.
Id say its also see ya taka, alvaro, hoff, french, leleisiuao and few more.
It's exciting. My first 2 signings would be Waqa Blake and RCG...exactly what we need...make it happen

DaveMc

Juniors
Tim is the one that asked for the release. Nothing harsh about this at all
Sorry, I didn’t mean the mid-season transfer was harsh, but more the part about him being told he wasn’t part of our plans for next year. And I’m certainly not complaining about it.

Springs09

Juniors

Yes, some people actually care about our players and not just the colours.
Tim might not have always gone so great but he always gave 100% for the club. After watching ten years of shitty signings playing half-assed, it was good to know Tom was a true eel. Disappointed to see him go. He’s the closest we had to someone like Hindy or Cayless.
We better use the money to someone who will have a f**king go every game not someone who turns up once a month like millionaire Moses.