What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

eels_fan

First Grade
I won’t think this is opening up any significant portion of money. Half his salary was already covered by the long serving player allowance, and half of what’s left has already been paid. Wouldn’t be more than $100k that this opens up. I’d say it would be more about the roster position

Eelpout

Juniors
I wish Cronk had chosen us over the Roosters, despite his price tag. Obviously he chose a premiership over the arduous job of leading our mess.

Dane Gagai is on the radar and I would have Josh Jackson on my hit-list.

Avenger

Immortal
Nice guy Tim, wish him all the best. But looking forward to the next generation now, hopefully not powder puffs like Alvaro and Mannah.
Once a solid player but I’m glad he is gone.

The last player left from the 2009 GF team. Won nothing since he played first grade with us and the last of the mentally piss weak brigade.

Win win.

Last edited:

hineyrulz

Post Whore
Wow!!

I’ve been critical of Tim for years, mainly for his captaincy.

I thought he was having a good year, all the best to him in whatever he does because you could never question his effort or love for this club. It’s a win for everyone IMO, we free up a position in the top 30 and with two young blokes looking for a crack to take his spot.

If Kaysa is off our books as well that’s two free spots, Blake and another prop?? RCG is on the outs at Penrith apparently???

Bandwagon

Staff member
Sorry to see Timmy not finish his NRL career with us, he's given a lot to the club I reckon. Wish him all the best.

You'd have to think a replacement would be another prop, it's not like we have an abundance of quality up front.

Gronk

Staff member
Wow!!

I’ve been critical of Tim for years, mainly for his captaincy.

I thought he was having a good year, all the best to him in whatever he does because you could never question his effort or love for this club. It’s a win for everyone IMO, we free up a position in the top 30 and with two young blokes looking for a crack to take his spot.

If Kaysa is off our books as well that’s two free spots, Blake and another prop?? RCG is on the outs at Penrith apparently???

This took me by surprise. Looks like the new HOF has removed the emotion from recruitment decisions. I like it. The Broncs (Bennett ?) has been doing this going way back to the days of Wally.

Gronk

Staff member
He was playing decent footy didn’t even deserve to be dropped in the first place. I guess this is what’s lead to him asking for a release.
Being hooked from NRL and told that he’ll be unemployed in November is quite the motivator.
Well I reckon we now know the real reason one of our better performers was dropped
MJC said it was leadership vs Panthers.

Latest posts