What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

betcats

Referee
Im not keen to let Waqa go, he was very good last year. Hes been poor this year though, Nadens game on the weekend was far more dangerous than anything Waqa's done all season so its hard to care very much. Especially if the peach is coming back.

OldPanther

Coach
I'm confused why we'd get rid of current guys for former guys we let go. I could see a justification if it was for the next guys like Naden, Johns, Lenuai(spelling?) As Franklin said they are the first crop from the academy.

Crashtest

Juniors
That and who we replace him with is key for me. Peachey for DWZ I think puts us in front

I wouldn't expect a major signing as a replacement for Blake, if Peachey is the one signed to replace DWZ.

They will probably fit in one established player like Peachey, and another cheaper upgrade from our reserve grade side, and keep some cap space to fix other problem areas.

I still hope the Blake rumours are false though. If he can avoid further injury after he returns, I think he will find his form again like Mansour and RCG recently have, especially if he is returning to a confident side that has been winning games.

franklin2323

Immortal
I wouldn't expect a major signing as a replacement for Blake, if Peachey is the one signed to replace DWZ.

They will probably fit in one established player like Peachey, and another cheaper upgrade from our reserve grade side, and keep some cap space to fix other problem areas.

I still hope the Blake rumours are false though. If he can avoid further injury after he returns, I think he will find his form again like Mansour and RCG recently have, especially if he is returning to a confident side that has been winning games.

Established is good with Crichton and Naden are well off. I too hope it is false on the flip side as fans we see the frustration of him not reaching potential

franklin2323

Immortal
Im not keen to let Waqa go, he was very good last year. Hes been poor this year though, Nadens game on the weekend was far more dangerous than anything Waqa's done all season so its hard to care very much. Especially if the peach is coming back.

Last year he was good but that was his one good year. So can see both sides

mxlegend99

Referee
Naden replaces him. Simples
So we just spend a few more years developing him?

Meh. We cant release stars to upgrade guys who might be stars one day.

Dwz gone. Blake / RCG trying to be offloaded. Dont do that to get guys into your top30. Maybe we're making a play for Mitchell. Doubt he would come here over Souths. But it's crazier not to try.

mxlegend99

Referee
Mate, he’s played two games.

He could be good, he could be ordinary. I’ve seen too many guys come and go to know that.
Yeah. I like him for wing in 2020. Size and speed.

2. Naden
3. Peachey (seems sure to be returning)
4. Blake*
5. To'o

When we let Blake go... hopefully we sign a replacement. Mitchell the dream signibg. Scott the one we might have a shot at. Else we're stuck with Whare

MrBlack

Juniors
I would be nudging Whare up the M4 before Blake.

Blake has potential. Just need to get back in his head and sort him out.

Luke Bowden

First Grade
Mate, he’s played two games.

He could be good, he could be ordinary. I’ve seen too many guys come and go to know that.

Yeah and he has the rest of this season to show us what he’s got.

Blake hasn’t played well for some time now. He’s been injured or suspended when we needed him.

I’m not saying we should get rid of him, but I don’t think we need to go spending big cash on a replacement. Not just yet.

Yeah. I like him for wing in 2020. Size and speed.

2. Naden
3. Peachey (seems sure to be returning)
4. Blake*
5. To'o

When we let Blake go... hopefully we sign a replacement. Mitchell the dream signibg. Scott the one we might have a shot at. Else we're stuck with Whare

Yeah he looks like he could be a good wing option, I like that he’s a target for kicks. Interesting to see if Mansour can keep up his form reversal.

Scott Drinkwater or another Scott?

Yeah and he has the rest of this season to show us what he’s got.

Blake hasn’t played well for some time now. He’s been injured or suspended when we needed him.

I’m not saying we should get rid of him, but I don’t think we need to go spending big cash on a replacement. Not just yet.

Blake had his best year ever last year, 14 tries. Not giving up because of a slow start to the season.

Blake had his best year ever last year, 14 tries. Not giving up because of a slow start to the season.

This.

If the slow start to the season was a criteria for letting guys go, then Sauce, RCG and Edwards would be heading up the M4 as well.

Those guys bounced back, and bounced back well, silencing some of the doubters (me included). Blake has the capacity to bounce back as well.

snickers007

Juniors
Naden has looked the goods thus far because he has been given early ball with a bit of room to move. Blake meanwhile has seen none of that, and his involvement this season has consisted of dummy half scoots.

Give Blake some early ball, go behind Kikau to Blake at the line, get a ball playing FB to engage the edge defenders, and Blake will kill it again (as would Naden).

This discussion isn't about Blake vs Naden, it's about our entire attacking structures. The only reason we should be looking at letting Blake go is if his attitude is shithouse.

age.s

First Grade
I'll be devastated if we lose Blake. I like Naden but as has been mentioned his performances have only been a promising start at this point. Blake has been one of our best players for several seasons. One of the few guys on our team who has played like a legitimate superstar in more than fits and spurts.

Yes he's had a bad year, but you would have said the same about Sauce a few weeks ago. Form is something that can turn around quickly and raw talent isn't something you can just magically obtain.

Maybe there's something more going on with him but we should be doing absolutely everything in our power to turn the guy around before we discard him. I find it hard to believe we'd have done that at this point.

Status
Not open for further replies.