What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 debutants

Someguy

First Grade
If eligible it’s haas daylight second, nikora third.

Xerri and papenhuzen potential future superstars

Brown, flegler Martin to have solid careers imo.

Allen also has potential but hardly gets involved, been great under the high ball and looks a decent defender, switches off once his team has the ball.

skeepe

Immortal
If eligible it’s haas daylight second, nikora third.

Xerri and papenhuzen potential future superstars

Brown, flegler Martin to have solid careers imo.

Allen also has potential but hardly gets involved, been great under the high ball and looks a decent defender, switches off once his team has the ball.

John Bateman might have something to say about that.

Pedge1971

First Grade
Still on Nikora. TPJ was the next superstar after 1 game earlier this year and where is he now.

Haas is a gun no doubt, but Nikora has been there all year and if he remains consistent, he deserves it.

wibble

Bench
Surely not. He's already an established England international.

If he counts, Hodgson, Burgess and Graham should already have won recent rookie of the year awards (and then we might as well call it best English international import of the year award). He can't possibly count.

Haas has exploded on to the scene, and is a good candidate. But all the Broncos pack, including him, are a bit prone to looking great one week and poor the next.

Nikora has quietened a bit since Johnson's injury, but is on the park for 80 minutes a match, and has contributed well in every match. Needs some work on his defence (as do pretty much all rookies) but that has improved a lot in the last month.

Sivo looks a bit raw/unfinished, even for a rookie, but is a great prospect.

Flegler is being out pointed by his team mates in the highlights stakes, but I think he is going great and is fairly consistent.

Xerri has had a few wonderful attacking bursts, and I'm very excited by him improving and being a main attacking weapon for years. His handling and defense are not yet at the standard they need to be at, hopefully they will improve.

I'm not writing Flanagan off from rookie of the year, just opportunities may limit him. But to come in for an injured international player, and play the house down in a position that traditionally takes years to flourish in, he has done very well. Hopefully he won't get those extra opportunities he needs this year in a Roosters jersey!

At this stage I'd call it a tight race between Nikora and Haas for ROTY, but a full season is a long time. Anyone could drop off or pick up.

Walt Flanigan

Referee
As far as the Raiders go I like how Bailey Simonsson is coming along. Really starting to find his feet and was awesome against the Tigers last week.

roofromoz

First Grade
Penrith (so far)

Liam Martin
Brian To'o
Mitch Kenny
Brent Naden
Jed Cartwright
Spencer Leniu
Stephen Crichton
Matt Burton