What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

The 2020 Shopping List

Chipmunk

Coach
You're saying that because the Broncos aren't well ahead of us on the ladder, then Lodge isn't any good? Strange logic, mate.

Surely if the Broncos had 5 Origin level players and Lodge in their forward pack that if they're all that great players they'd be going better.

84 Baby

Referee
To be honest I don't get the love for Lodge at all. Pangai Jnr, Haas, Fifita, Ofengaue, and Gillett are all Origin Level rep players. If Lodge was any good also, they'd be well ahead of us on the ladder.
By that theory, TPJ, Hass, Fifita, Ofahengaue & Gillett aren't any chop either

84 Baby

Referee
Lodge is this years Russell Packer for Eels fans...lol
If we were to sign Lodge, I wouldn't give a shit about his onfield performances. All I would want him to do is take the Tepais and Penis Torpedos of the team, show them the video of the shit he did, then tell those players "If you miss a tackle, make a weak run, give a dumb penalty or generally just play shit, then remember, I know where your family lives"

Noise

Coach
If we were to sign Lodge, I wouldn't give a shit about his onfield performances. All I would want him to do is take the Tepais and Penis Torpedos of the team, show them the video of the shit he did, then tell those players "If you miss a tackle, make a weak run, give a dumb penalty or generally just play shit, then remember, I know where your family lives"
This would be even more entertaining if Peni or Tepai are playing for different teams next year

Chipmunk

Coach
By that theory, TPJ, Hass, Fifita, Ofahengaue & Gillett aren't any chop either

Im not saying they ALL are.

Like us, perhaps they're lacking some leadership in the middle. It's obvious then that Lodge isn't going to provide that.

84 Baby

Referee
Im not saying they ALL are.

Like us, perhaps they're lacking some leadership in the middle. It's obvious then that Lodge isn't going to provide that.
So only Lodge is the deciding factor in their current ladder position? That to means seems like a further indictment on the other players

Chipmunk

Coach
So only Lodge is the deciding factor in their current ladder position? That to means seems like a further indictment on the other players

No, what I'm saying is that they're probably all fine players individually, but if 5 of them are Origin level players and they're still as poor as us then they're must be a reason.

I say that reason is a lack of Leadership in the middle.

What problem do we need to fix? Leadership in the middle.

If Lodge can't provide the Leadership in the middle for a team with 5 Origin level players, then why the f**k would he be any use to us?

I suggest if we bought him he would be the next Poore or Lussick.

Chipmunk

Coach

That doesn't seem to be working with the 5 Origin level forwards he currently plays with.

To be brutally honest without the alcohol to make him 10 foot tall and bullet proof I doubt he'd be game to say boo to Manu Ma'u.

Last edited:

Eelementary

Post Whore
Probably legal advice not to talk about it.

Possibly.

But I would question whether a decent lawyer would instruct their client to conduct interviews and, rather than show remorse, blame drugs, alcohol, and his state of mental health; sympathy often goes a long way in the justice system.

It's all speculation, I suppose, anyway...

lingard

Coach
No, what I'm saying is that they're probably all fine players individually, but if 5 of them are Origin level players and they're still as poor as us then they're must be a reason.

I say that reason is a lack of Leadership in the middle.

What problem do we need to fix? Leadership in the middle.

If Lodge can't provide the Leadership in the middle for a team with 5 Origin level players, then why the f**k would he be any use to us?

I suggest if we bought him he would be the next Poore or Lussick.

You don't think it could be a lack of consistency in the halves, plus a new coach who is trying to change playing style, structures, culture and personnel?

Chipmunk

Coach
You don't think it could be a lack of consistency in the halves, plus a new coach who is trying to change playing style, structures, culture and personnel?

Plenty of contributing factors I'm sure, but if the forwards were good enough the halves would be going just fine, well at least for them to be a Top 6 team.

You're watching a completely different sport if you think Lodge will bring to the table what is missing at Parra.

lingard

Coach
What
Plenty of contributing factors I'm sure, but if the forwards were good enough the halves would be going just fine, well at least for them to be a Top 6 team.

You're watching a completely different sport if you think Lodge will bring to the table what is missing at Parra.
What's missing at Parramatta is: a top quality five-eight, strong forward leadership, one (or, preferably two) state of origin level players, and a high-profile coach. So, no, Lodge wouldn't bring all that. But he'd bring some of it. (And I'm not suggesting he should coach Parramatta. Or am I?)

Latest posts