What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours (signings, sackings & other NRL stuff)

WA Tiger

Bench
I have just been told by a die hard Tigers fan that Josh Aloiai has been released.

I know it’s a rumour network etc but come on, it can not be true, anyone else heard that?

Plus Marshall signed for 1 more year as a halves mentor, my response to that was surely as a coaching consultant/mentor and not as a player.
No nothing. I’ve had a good look- about Aloiai anyway. Hopefully that fan was misinformed.He would be a big loss.As for Marshall I havn’t looked but sounds about what he’d want. I don’t think he could be a player with half hearted training. I’m just glad he’s got a good job for next year. Him and Robbie can be within the coaching ranks eventually.I reckon he would still have time to decide if he wants to play though. But he may have had enough.

WA Tiger

Bench
Reynolds back this week that’s good..He always adds some spark..Thats if he gets a game of course.I can’t forget the moment last year he was standing next to Brooks between plays and Brooks was holding the ball. Reynolds starts clapping his hands at Brooks like give me the ball and from that we got a try. Things are looking grim at the moment but there’s always time for s late run.

H
I have just been told by a die hard Tigers fan that Josh Aloiai has been released.

I know it’s a rumour network etc but come on, it can not be true, anyone else heard that?

Plus Marshall signed for 1 more year as a halves mentor, my response to that was surely as a coaching consultant/mentor and not as a player.

He's not named anywhere for the team this week. Even at the in/out part he doesn't rate a mention. I would say you're spot on.

Tiger05

First Grade
The club hasn't said a word about it officially or othewise since it was first mentioned, same as with Dalin ...it's only been the journos converting speculation into fact

Exactly. I don't mind hearing rumours but I have no confidence in them at all.

Let's be honest Mannah isn't going to turn the team around. DWZ could have made a difference beacuse we lack pace and he has it but he isn't a massive loss at all.

Tigerm

First Grade
https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...e/news-story/c23573433b2ce4f86b2754a504aee082

Wests Tigers set for roster refresh as Mannah arrives as Concord

The controversial signing of Parramatta veteran forward Tim Mannah by the Wests Tigers is set to trigger a radical player clean-out under new coach Michael Maguire.
Mannah’s arrival is expected to be announced by the Tigers today, but the 31-year-old’s signing will have massive implications for his new teammates, as Maguire wrestles with a salary cap nightmare at the joint venture club.
Maguire is desperate to cull big-name stars to regain control of the roster predominantly created by former coach Ivan Cleary.
Rumours of a move surround a host of players including Josh Reynolds, Elijah Taylor, Chris McQueen and even Moses Mbye.
But fresh reports have put front-rowers Russell Packer and Ben Matulino firmly on the chopping block, as well as winger Mahe Fonua.
The Daily Telegraph reports Packer has had a falling-out with coach Maguire.
Packer was not included in the Tigers’ squad to face North Queensland this Friday, which appears to be a clear indication that he could be forced out of the Concorde club.
Packer is contracted for another two full seasons on an estimated $650,000-per-year deal.
Fellow front-rower Ben Matulino is also rumoured to be in the firing line, but the New Zealand international last night told reporters that his position had been assured by the club.
Matulino said “He’s [Maguire] told the guys individually whether they are staying or not. But he’s told me I’m staying for two more years.”
Matulino’s hefty contract — worth approximately $700,000 a year — runs until the end of 2021.
He told media last night “When (rumours of an exit) first came out, I rang my manager asking ‘what is happening?’ and he goes ‘I haven’t heard anything from anyone’ and Madge said the same thing.
“Then my manager called me and he goes ‘I can guarantee you’re not leaving’ then I talked to Madge and he reassured the same thing.”
But the news isn’t as positive for fan favourite Mahe Fonua, who may have played his last game for the club.
Fonua — beloved for his rampaging runs down the wing as well as his wonderful hairstyles — has reportedly been told by Madge he won’t be re-signed for next year.
The 26-year old had surgery on Tuesday after suffering a foot injury against the Raiders last week, and is expected to be ruled out for at least 10 weeks.
That could rob fans of the chance to farewell the much-loved figure, who made 11 starts this season after joining the club in 2018.
While Eels veteran Tim Mannah has signed a deal with the Tigers for just the remaining four months of this season, sources claim the club is interested in extending that if his performances are up to scratch.
The 31-year-old was forced to play reserve grade at Parrammatta in his 11th season at the club, and had been told by the Eels they wouldn’t re-sign him for next season.
That made an immediate switch to the Tigers the only viable option for the 233-game player.

Attachments

• upload_2019-6-12_8-20-15.png
    upload_2019-6-12_8-20-15.png
    759 bytes · Views: 1

Latest posts