What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumours and Stuff

hindy111

Post Whore
Mannah deal may be off...ch10 news reported the tigers move may not happen after all

It's a shit deal for us anyhow..... He is off contract next season. What will we save this year? Maybe 100k? We are a chance to play finals. Unless we pick up an NRL level prop why weaken your chances.

lingard

Coach
Here is the mix I reckon you need in your 17:
Superstars = 1 or 2
On-field Leaders = 2
Fringe Leaders/Above Average First Graders = 5
Solid First Graders = 5
Up & Coming Jnrs = 3

I reckon we have:
No Superstars
1 x On-field leader in Browny
5 x Fringe leaders in Moses, Gutho, Paulo, Mennings and Fergo
3 x Up & Coming Juniors in Drown, Salmon and Mahoney
10 x Solid First Graders in Terepo, Tepai, Niukore, Manu, Lane, Gower, Hoffman, Sivo & Evans)

When we have injuries, we need to either call on more juniors such as Stone or total plop such as Will Smith, Gennings, Taka, and whomever I have missed.

I think this post sums things up quite well. Our biggest problem as a club is that we have not had that mix right for years.

hindy111

Post Whore
Keppie is average 68mtrs and 28 tackles a game with 84% tackle efficiency. He has broken 5 tackle in 12 games.
Ordinary at this level.

lingard

Coach
Spot on...its projector gate mkII.
Id say its also see ya taka, alvaro, hoff, french, leleisiuao and few more.
It's exciting. My first 2 signings would be Waqa Blake and RCG...exactly what we need...make it happen

I would consider hanging onto Hoffman. But the others should go, certainly.

Djay

Juniors
Just on the Mannah release.

Hip hip hooray, about time the club pulled there finger out and started being ruthless with recruitment and retention. I respect and appreciate what Mannah has done for the club I really do, but it's a bloody business not a charity like we have been running for the past 10 years, thank you and goodbye.

Being nice and retaining guys who are nice and one club players does not win premierships, we have won f**k all in 32 years by having this nice guy approach, it's good to see the club finally hardening up a bit.

The last of the mentally piss weak 09 brigade but unfortunately his rubbed off onto the other 29 players at the club.

Now time hopefully to piss off Alvaro, Moeroa, French, Evans, Terepo, Taka and French, and hopefully start a rebuild and get Blake and work on revamping our whole piss weak forward pack.