What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2020: NRL 360

TheParraboy

Staff member
Our household has Masterchef on at 730pm, wins the timeslot over NRL 360
(those seafood platters last night yummo)

cant stand any footy talk/show around Origin time, just a big wankfest and rehash of shit

Bazal

Post Whore
Josh McGuire has eye gouged two people in the space of two months? And Ben Ikin says he needs to "cop the tip" and cut it out...FMD, he should be banned for a year at a minimum. Is he on some kind of mission cos he's blind in one eye himself?

The Raiders bloke copped like 5 weeks for one gouge...

JokerEel

Coach
FFS Crawley, shut your whiney mouth

I dont think fans are that worried about player movements .... its hardly the worst thing in the game .... the rest of the professional sporting world seem fine with it

A contract can be happily terminated if both parties agree

The dope doesn't understand that it gives him something to report on...

Djay

Juniors

I dont think fans are that worried about player movements .... its hardly the worst thing in the game .... the rest of the professional sporting world seem fine with it

f**k he goes on, no one cares.

I hope we ship players on and sign new ones before June 30, just like any fan would.

Where does he get his ideas from?

I was just watching that. Kent managed to get himself worked up about both positions, suggesting they should move the transfer deadline to round 2, then a minute later he's suggesting maybe we should embrace constant transfers.

On Crawley though, I reckon he had a point about new coaches making big roster changes. For the good of the club they should mostly suck it up and work with what they've got. The alternative is disharmony and paying player to play elsewhere.

strider

Post Whore
I know - Kent didnt know what to be outraged about lol

Its just how it is .... putting players in reserve grade cos you prefer others is gonna result in disharmony too

I know - Kent didnt know what to be outraged about lol

Its just how it is .... putting players in reserve grade cos you prefer others is gonna result in disharmony too
Yeah. For the most part I don't have a problem with it but that Ricky Stuart projector shit really pissed me off.

My problem with that was the way he apparently went about it .... you do it tactfully

And also he seemed to have zero clue that players on contract didnt just disappear off your books
Spot on. It was all about making a show and directing any blame towards players and away from himself, at the club's cost. The comment about there being "plenty more floggings" to come, after a good win no less, was disgraceful.

emjaycee

Coach
I was just watching that. Kent managed to get himself worked up about both positions, suggesting they should move the transfer deadline to round 2, then a minute later he's suggesting maybe we should embrace constant transfers.

On Crawley though, I reckon he had a point about new coaches making big roster changes. For the good of the club they should mostly suck it up and work with what they've got. The alternative is disharmony and paying player to play elsewhere.
Maybe that is the solution... somehow let the market determine the value of a player, but let the NRL pay the bill. Clubs still have to comply with a total capped value for their squad, but at least it wouldnt be seen as the clubs footing the bill when a player moves on. Have 2 x 3 week transfer windows during the season and 1 month at the end of the season.
NRL re-imburses the clubs for the cap anyway so it doesnt really change the total spent on players.

Maybe that is the solution... somehow let the market determine the value of a player, but let the NRL pay the bill. Clubs still have to comply with a total capped value for their squad, but at least it wouldnt be seen as the clubs footing the bill when a player moves on. Have 2 x 3 week transfer windows during the season and 1 month at the end of the season.
NRL re-imburses the clubs for the cap anyway so it doesnt really change the total spent on players.
I don't really understand. If it's coming off the capped amount the club has then it's still costing the club, no matter who actually signs the cheque. I might be missing something there.
And as for several transfer windows, wouldn't that just be like Origin? That only goes for a short period but people seem to be constantly talking about it anyway. With so many transfer windows the talk would be non stop.

emjaycee

Coach
I don't really understand. If it's coming off the capped amount the club has then it's still costing the club, no matter who actually signs the cheque. I might be missing something there.
And as for several transfer windows, wouldn't that just be like Origin? That only goes for a short period but people seem to be constantly talking about it anyway. With so many transfer windows the talk would be non stop.
I must admit, I typed it while I thought of it so big chance it didnt make sense, however think about it as all the players have a value and the NRL loans them out at a cost (per week or per month) being 1/12 or 1/52 of their annual value.

Assume Mannah is valued at $360k or $30k per month. If we got rid of him after 3 months, we are only on the cap for $90k and his new club for $270k. If we transfer in someone else, we are only on the cap for the time they are with us, etc.

Latest posts