What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Jayden Sullivan

Frank Facer

First Grade
I am very happy that we have secured young Jayden Sullivan. The reports on him are fantastic. I have only seen highlights of him, but he looks to have a complete game for a halfback. He has a good short and long passing game, good running game and good short kicking game. I know it is a massive step to first grade and many don't make it, but at least we have him in our system. Good halves are very hard to come by. His is slightly built right now. He has even already been compared to Thurston.

Como Connection

First Grade
I am very happy that we have secured young Jayden Sullivan. The reports on him are fantastic. I have only seen highlights of him, but he looks to have a complete game for a halfback. He has a good short and long passing game, good running game and good short kicking game. I know it is a massive step to first grade and many don't make it, but at least we have him in our system. Good halves are very hard to come by. His is slightly built right now. He has even already been compared to Thurston.
Another Millward signing.
What a great job he's doing.
CC

Frank Facer

First Grade
Ben Hunt?
Sullivan is only 17 and is still very small, so he won't be ready for first grade until 2021 at the earliest. If Sullivan can live up to expectations, then we may have to move Ben Hunt on by 2023. That is how it works these days. If someone better comes along or even someone of great promise who has their whole career ahead of them comes along, the club has to choose to keep the better one. Or maybe Hunt could finish his career at hooker, after playing there for Qld for 4 or 5 years? Here is an article I found about him. They refer to him as the hottest young prospect in the game and compare him to Thurston. You can't get any better accolades than that.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...thurston/a86cd6a7-7716-4f1f-9aec-c6f28dcac5b4

Last edited:

Saint_JimmyG

First Grade
Sullivan is only 17 and is still very small, so he won't be ready for first grade until 2021 at the earliest. If Sullivan can live up to expectations, then we may have to move Ben Hunt on by 2023. That is how it works these days. If someone better comes along or even someone of great promise who has their whole career ahead of them comes along, the club has to choose to keep the better one. Or maybe Hunt could finish his career at hooker, after playing there for Qld for 4 or 5 years? Here is an article I found about him. They refer to him as the hottest young prospect in the game and compare him to Thurston. You can't get any better accolades than that.
https://wwos.nine.com.au/nrl/the-mo...thurston/a86cd6a7-7716-4f1f-9aec-c6f28dcac5b4

Perhaps it’s advancing years, but I get a feeling of the Damien Chapman’s with this kid. Those with long memories know what happened there.

Last edited:

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
1. Evander Cummins
3. Travis Roache
4. David Howell
6. Ritchie Williams
7. Jayden Sullivan
8. Rory O’Brien
9. Daniel Fepalui
10. Shannon Wakeman
11. Michael Howell
12. Jack Bosden
13. Matt Mundine

I’m short a couple of wingers.. Any suggestions to help fill the forum “future superstar” 13?

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Was it a very difficult signing?
This one was..

At first they couldn’t find a pen, then when they did find one, they couldn’t get it working (appears it was out of ink)

Eventually just as he was about to give up and leave Millward found an old St George Bank clicker pen in his glovebox, which they used to complete the signing.

So they wasted around 20 mins searching for pens and Sullivan’s contract has those inkless scribble scratches you cause when trying to get a pen to work.

Oh, and Basil stepped in a lump of dog poo coming back from his car with the St George pen.

denis preston

First Grade
Bet his manager is getting a kick up the arse. The rorters just signed up the Walker kid for over a 100 - 150k a year and as he will not ( initially anyhow as he just turned 18 ) be on the top 30 squad so his contract doesn't come under the salary cap.

BLM01

First Grade
Who?..I was hoping you meant that Sullivan from Brisbane

BLM01

First Grade
Dont you love the superstar comprison and rant. Would of have to of been Channel 9 behind the article, probably Joey's input the superstar bit.

Dragonslayer

First Grade
Has there been an official announcement of this signing?

Really hoping this is fact, as he has the makings of a very good player. By the time he gets to NRL level, hopefully by then we will have a coach as well.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Who?..I was hoping you meant that Sullivan from Brisbane
I just hope we also sign that young Brayden Gilbert from the Cowboys who also plays in the halves..

How awesome would a halves pairing of Gilbert & Sullivan be?

You can just imagine the Dragon Army standing there on the hill, all belting out:

“We are the mighty Dragons of St George and Illawarra
We’ve defeated Canterbury, Manly and Canberra
We have different home grounds, playing in many localities
From Wollongong to Kogarah we’ve got players in many categories”

Latest posts