What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Parramatta Eels Juniors

Delboy

First Grade
Where do these guys rate compared to Kafusi and Stefano.
Both are taller than Oregan, a little over Stefano, but currently about 15kg lighter I would think. The older boys would be close to 117/120kg, Hughes and Hollis around the 105kg but still growing as are just 18 years old.

Gronk

Staff member

Andrew Johns Cup
Coaches Award: Suliasi Aho
Best Back: Declan Murray
Best Forward: Cayne Nicholas
Best and Fairest: Ethan Sanders

Harold Matthews Cup
Coaches Award: Patrick Spence
Best Back: Joshua Lealaiauloto
Best Forward: Maximus Tupou
Best and Fairest: Larry Muagututia

Tarsha Gale Cup
Coaches Award: Tahlia Alexander
Best Back: Breeze E’e
Best Forward: Gardinia Faalogo
Best and Fairest: Allison Futialo

Laurie Daley Cup
Coaches Award: Jai Vakai
Best Back: Christian Savaiinaea
Best Forward: Peter Taateo
Best and Fairest: Kyle Leonard

SG Ball Cup
Coaches Award: Trey Mooney
Best Back: Viliami Penisini
Best Forward: David Hollis
Best and Fairest: Samuel Loizou

The night also saw congratulated the following players for the representative honours during 2018 and the year ahead.

NSW U16s (2018 series): Matthew Komolafe, Trey Mooney, Vilaimi Penisini, Peter Taateo, Caleb Tohi
NSW U18s (2018 series): John-Paul Nohra, Stefano Utoikamanu
NSW U18s Men(2019 series): Trey Mooney, David Hollis, Viliami Penisini, Sam Hughes
NSW U18s Women (2019 series): Shondell Akhabue
NSW CCC U15: Declan Murray, Ethan Sanders, Joshua Lealaiauloto, Myles Martin, Suliasa Aho
NSW CCC U18: Jakob Arthur, Jayden Skinner, Peter Taateo, Samuel Loizou, Tyler Field, Unitoni Mataele
NSW CHS U15: Cody Parry, Takasima Hu’hahau
NSW CHS U18: Caleb Tohi, David Tui, Trey Mooney
NSW Country U16: Jock Brazel
NSW Junior Blues U18: Oliver Clements, Viliami Penisini, Sam Hughes, Trey Mooney, David Hollis
NSW Junior Blues U16: David Langi
QLD Maroons U15: Tomas Powell
U16 Pasifika: James Malau’ulu, Tutonu Junior Wright, Larry Muagututia

The night was capped off by the presentation of the inaugural ‘Denis Anderson Junior Club Person of the Year’ Award. The award, named in honour of the late Denis Anderson, is awarded to the person that most embodies the spirit of the Blue & Gold within our Junior Representative Program.

The award for the 2019 Denis Anderson Medal winner for Junior Club Person of the Year was presented to Greg May.

Gronk

Staff member
I'm guessing that this kid's name is Maximus or Exodus or maybe even Thor.

upload_2019-6-6_9-18-9.png

Gronk

Staff member
Parramatta Eels: Cody Parry to join big bro Ethan Parry at NRL club
Troy Parry is a laconic character, whose voice inflects with pride when he talks about his sons, Ethan and Cody.

r0_0_698_392_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

STAR MATERIAL: Ethan Parry scores one of his two tries in a trial against Canberra this year. Photo: Gregg Porteous/NRL

A former Werris Creek back-rower, Troy has the immense pleasure of watching his boys excel in a sport he loves - with Cody following the "inspirational" lead of his big brother by recently signing a four-year deal with Parramatta.

The centre, in year 9 at Farrer and 15 years old next week, will move to Sydney at the end of the year and play in Parramatta's Harold Matthews Cup side in 2020 - five years after Ethan impressed as an Eels winger in the same competition. The brothers were both scouted by Anthony Field.

r0_0_5726_3817_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

HIGH HOPES: Troy and Cody. "I'm very excited, and, yeah, can't believe it ... It's gonna be amazing," Cody says of his pending Eels stint.

Ethan, a member of the 2017 Australian Schoolboys side, has passed every test with flying colours and, earlier this year, was identified by The Daily Telegraph as a player to watch.

He becomes eligible to play in the NRL on June 30, according to the Sydney newspaper, having scored two tries on the wing in an NRL trial against the Raiders this year. He currently plays for Eels feeder club, the Wentworthville Magpies, in the Canterbury Cup.

r0_0_724_744_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

EXCITEMENT MACHINE: Troy says Ethan "should be one that we're reading about playing first grade in the near future". Photo: Parramatta

Cody made the under-15 NSW Combined High Schools league side last month. At 185 centimetres and 85 kilograms, he will morph into a strapping speedster like his 195 centimetre, 100kg-plus brother.

"He's always been good and wanted to follow in his brother's footsteps," Troy said.

"Couldn't be prouder, could ya?" he added, in reference to Ethan and Cody. "They're both doin' well ... he [Ethan] should be one that we're reading about playing first grade in the near future."

r0_0_1188_792_w1200_h678_fmax.jpg

TERRIFIC TEEN: Cody (right) after being named in the under-15 NSW Combined High Schools league side. He is with fellow Farrer students and top athletes Ned Hoath (left) and Aidan Bermingham. Photo: Billy Jupp

The Eels scouted and signed Ethan as a "big, aggressive, strong and athletic" centre - traits that Cody also possesses, according to his Tamworth-based dad.

Cody has clocked 11.9 seconds over 100 metres, and says he is faster than Ethan at the same age.

And he is not limited in ambition, saying he wants to play for NSW and Australian and become an Immortal.

"I'm very excited, and, yeah, can't believe it ... It's gonna be amazing," Cody said of signing with the Eels.

The teen described Ethan as his "role model", adding: "He's a big inspiration. I just remember when I first saw him [as an Eel]. I was like, 'I just can't wait till I do this one day'. Yeah, it's comin' true."

Playing centre, Ethan has scored three tries in 10 games for Wentworthville this season - averaging 102.4m per game.

The Leader approached the Eels to speak to Ethan but had no luck. However, in 2017 Ethan told the paper he was "100 per cent" committed to playing in the NRL. "Any kid who plays the game, that should always be the main goal," he said.

https://www.northerndailyleader.com...signed-to-eels-troy-parrys-a-proud-dad/?cs=12

Delboy

First Grade
The amount of kms that Anthony Field covers to scout these players is huge, fully expect a few NRL players to some annually from age group teams over the coming years.
The work done off field to get them up is a reflection of junior leadership under Fieldsy. A lot of results are because at least half the team are playing up a year to progress them. With no U20s on game day, the development of juniors is lost to a lot of fans.

Disappointing loss in Jersy Flegg today v Cronulla.
The boys were dominant early on.
Half time 12-0 down and still in the game.
Attitude and effort are very important attributes.
Players can only do so much, But iv watch them in a few games this year including today and its the same plays over and over again. Variety needed.

On a sad note, I was also informed at todays game that Noel Akafolou has unfortunately re-injured his ACL requiring further surgery.! Huge loss//! Wishing Noel a speedy recovery.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Disappointing loss in Jersy Flegg today v Cronulla.
The boys were dominant early on.
Half time 12-0 down and still in the game.
Attitude and effort are very important attributes.
Players can only do so much, But iv watch them in a few games this year including today and its the same plays over and over again. Variety needed.

On a sad note, I was also informed at todays game that Noel Akafolou has unfortunately re-injured his ACL requiring further surgery.! Huge loss//! Wishing Noel a speedy recovery.
I don't know how other clubs are selecting their best juniors but our Flegg side would surely go better with Salmon, Kaufusi, Utoikamanu, Parry and Taipari in it. Dylan Brown is also eligible for that grade. In fact he'll still be eligible for Flegg next year.

hindy111

Post Whore

Latest posts