What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

handyman2190

Bench
Isn't the rule something along the lines of negotiations can be discussed but clubs can't put forward formal offers without permission?
Clubs are not suposed to talk to players until november the year before their contract finishes, gagais contracted until end 21 so november 20 clubs can begin, if i were souths i would complain to the nrl,not that it would make a difference, because its a toothless rule

ThingFish

Juniors
On my wandering through social media and some forums I have to read a Souths fan that would be upset if Gags left.

handyman2190

Bench
On my wandering through social media and some forums I have to read a Souths fan that would be upset if Gags left.
Id be upsett if rappana left,
Id be upsett if Sburgi left
Im upsett AR who had found form, got injured.
But im not upsett that a player who we give 700 odd k to a year and has scored how many tries? And looks to be negotiating with the cowboys when he shouldnt be because of greed, and who obviously is up himself, wants to break his contract with 2.5 years to go, no leave at the seasons end upgrade burns buy 2 wingers with that money and so long, he grows extra legs when playing origin but is just a good player,not exceptional, club player.
Dont let the door hit u in the back boy.

handyman2190

Bench
A really good winger gets around 400k eg rappana, i dare say oates would be worth say 500 we could get 2 youngsters or find a fijian giant and nurse them into first grade, dont forget when AJ comes back Allen is free to claim a wing spot. Bennett already said we need extra wingers and centres, gagai on 700k is a bloody expensive winger

Spot On

Coach
Gagai turned this same sort of stuff on at Newcastle when Brown started signing decent players .... and he wasn't one of them.

Amazing how history is repeating itself. The Souths fan base sure has changed their tune about him as a centre.

Time to go back through this thread to when Souths signed him I think. Find a few good quotes and compare them to now.

Last edited:
Gagai turned this same sort of stuff on at Newcastle when Brown started signing decent players .... and he wasn't one of them.

Amazing how history is repeating itself. The Souths fan base sure has changed their tune about him as a centre.

Time to go back through this thread to when Souths signed him I think. Find a few good quotes and compare them to now.

I remember being warned.

But I think I was keen on a rep player coming.

Crowe

Juniors
I can’t believe people were believing the rumour started by Dean Ritchie who works for Sporting News.
They are the worst for making fake rumours.

Gags came here because GI wanted him here for support.
He would want nothing more than win a premiership to cheer GI up.
My son who plays junior league has met him a few times and you won’t find a better or more loyal bloke than Gags.
He absolutely loves the club.
Watch any of our team songs and he’s the one whistling and banging the bins the loudest.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
Letting Gagai go would lose us a lot of experience in our backline. Not sure that’s the wisest move for a team aiming for a premiership. I would be happy for him to go in the off season if he really wanted to play centre that badly but he could be a weapon on the wing outside Roberts or Burns. It also gives us a chance to look for a replacement in the off season rather than a couple of weeks before June 30.

Pauly1

Juniors
Wish this rumour was true! Unbelievably overrated player on 700K.Even prefer Turner over Gagai in the centres any day of the week.Turner tackles, Gagai doesn't .

Crowe

Juniors
Sporting News are now saying the rumours are false...
A reporter decided to ask Cookie.
https://www.nospam47.com/au/league/news/nrl-south-sydney-rabbitohs-dane-release-rumours-damien-cook/1uud12sz4hlap1h26u771b71y5

Gagai affirmed Bennett's claim when he spoke to Cook before training, telling his State of Origin foe he will stick loyal to the Rabbitohs.

"He was actually the first one I saw this morning getting out of the car," Cook said.

"I just asked him straight up: 'Anything true?' And he said, 'Nah, nothing's true'.

"I'm really good mates with him and I take his word for it and we can move on from here."

I don’t know about you guys but I rather believe Cookie and Gags than those clowns over at Sporting News.

handyman2190

Bench
This gagai thing hasnt finished, harsh words were spoken this morning, he has been told there is no way he will be released before june 30, and to keep his mouth shut, if he dosent change his mind he will be released end of season

Latest posts