What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Best big hits of the modern era

Grapple

Bench
For every awesome Matai hit there was always the following image....

steve-matai_1dysend313mm61gmo1qrsln6cg.jpg

He was a bit of a grub but put his body on the line and was bloody entertaining.

Johns Magic

Referee
I’m not sure if the video was ever online but probably the best tackle I’ve seen was Lincoln Withers on a Matt Utai kick return. Utai at the Dogs but can’t remember which club Withers was at.

Not sure if anyone else saw/remembers but he was first to meet a rampaging Utai with a full head of steam in his prime, and picked him and drove through with the legs. Withers was a small bloke but it was ruthless.

It probably doesn’t qualify in terms of hurt on the defender but it was a great tackle and the type you’d coach young kids rather than lining up and blindsiding guys like a lot of these.

gUt

Coach
Matai was a great blindside, outside in merchant. Tony Carroll did the same thing but from front on.

I’m not sure if the video was ever online but probably the best tackle I’ve seen was Lincoln Withers on a Matt Utai kick return. Utai at the Dogs but can’t remember which club Withers was at.

Not sure if anyone else saw/remembers but he was first to meet a rampaging Utai with a full head of steam in his prime, and picked him and drove through with the legs. Withers was a small bloke but it was ruthless.

It probably doesn’t qualify in terms of hurt on the defender but it was a great tackle and the type you’d coach young kids rather than lining up and blindsiding guys like a lot of these.

Probably when Withers was at Canberra. Pound for pound he was a tough merkin.

The unknown

Juniors
What's with that bench with 2 min to go, Galloway, Ellis & Marshall? Is that classic Tom Shines methodology?

:joy::joy::joy:

Shifty sheens had some fckd benches but I'm pretty sure Marshall and Ellis were injured at that point. Fittingly the guy who filled in for Ellis messed up the scrum

kdalymc

Bench
Matai was a great blindside, outside in merchant. Tony Carroll did the same thing but from front on.

Yet to see the Carroll hit but this was video of the thread. Anyone else who had posted a 3 min vid for 1 hit should be shot ffs.

Also f*ckk this thread is the best, and also I don't think 1 human suffered a neck injury in the NRL from a shoulder charge so bring it back ffs

Latest posts