What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Russel Packer. Did we dodge a bullet?

possm

Coach
Packer now has a mountain to climb and he must do it without the assistance of his head coach who seems to have given up on him. If you ask me it will be an impossible task and the end result can only be a reduction in salary whether he stays at the Tigers or moves on.

I predict he will move on to an ESL club with the Tigers having to pay big bucks for a termination of contract agreement.

Please explain how the word “to” is misspelt?

(Hint: It would be if I said “ot”..)

And you forgot to too two commas..
OK Musby - here goes
I will use your inverted commas to demonstrate so we are on the same page.
"To" is a preposition with several meanings such as "towards" and "until".
"Too" is an adverb that can mean "also" or "excessively".
In the context of your post you have misspelt the word "Too".
2 different words with 2 different meanings. They are not interchangeable.
Is that explanation enough for you?
You are the self professed expert, not me.
I am just responding to your question.

SnowDragon

Juniors
As i said, a male assaulting a female needs to stand on its own. Particularly in AFB's case as he was charged with kicking his partner. That's a despicable act mate.

2 blokes out on the drink and one guy hits another you might be able to forgive.

But AFB's case was a clear case of domestic violence against a female, likely unable to defend herself against a 100kg man. Too many cases of females getting hurt or killed at the hands of a male. Another high profile case in Victoria just last week alone. It needs to stop, hence there needs to be zero tolerance. In all industries as well, not just Rugby League.

I don't even know why this is even a discussion?

I hate blanket rulings, as they can catch or miss specific cases.

What’s clear, is that a physically trained footballer can do damage to others, especially kids and woman, but also other “normal” guys.

There needs to be some harsh effect from these things, both as a deterrent, and as a message to the fans and greater community. I think it can be game wide bans, thru to a fine and enforced education. Will try to write down my thoughts in a new thread.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
OK Musby - here goes
I will use your inverted commas to demonstrate so we are on the same page.
"To" is a preposition with several meanings such as "towards" and "until".
"Too" is an adverb that can mean "also" or "excessively".
In the context of your post you have misspelt the word "Too".
2 different words with 2 different meanings. They are not interchangeable.
Is that explanation enough for you?
You are the self professed expert, not me.
I am just responding to your question.
Nope.

The word I included was not spelt incorrectly, therefore it is a grammatical error as I used a propsition instead of an adverb.

Does the following sentence contain grammatical or spelling errors?

You’re dog just took a shit over their and your going too have two clean it up as were not happy about it.

True_Believer

Juniors
I hope we keep away from this guy Packer. The fact that he left after Saints helped put his life back in order really sucked just like Dugan when he left. I know he needs to look after the family bu hey, Saints were not offering peanuts to stay. He had a decent offer.

From memory there were issues with his fitness back when he left. Hence why we weren't keen to match the offers from other clubs. It looks as though we made the right call at the time.

boardlumps62

Juniors
Why a whole new thread? Perfectly good discussion going on here..
Musby why didn't you use good English like "I also enjoyed it" or I enjoyed it also" then they had no reason to have a go at you English. They can steal a thread sorry for interrupting what was the thread Packer shit we don't need him