What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rumoured and Confirmed signings - Part 4

Status
Not open for further replies.

franklin2323

Immortal
He fits Penrith like a glove I reckon.

You know deep down Penrith can't be a Melbourne or Roosters outfit. Our spine isn't capable of being like them and will be even less capable if Maloney does leave for England.

EDIT: Should also add that I don't think our coach is capable of it either. We need more staff.

Our attack is too independent on individuals. Peachey will end up being one of our main attacking weapons when he returns. Kikau the other. Blake 50/50 if he remains. We will have to pin our hopes on Luai in 2020 and that's the best of it. Unless another kid like Moylan comes through or we get active in the market.

This is why Laurie needs to be fast tracked but also why trading a winger for Peachey is an upgrade

betcats

Referee
Blake has the potential to be one of our key attacking weapons.

I would expect that our head coach and other members of his staff should have the skills to have game plans - set plays that would utilise Blake’s strength’s.

If our attacking structures have failed to get the best out of Waqa Blake what chance do the next group of young centres have?

We’ve been saying that about Waqa since he was 18. Looked like he was finally getting it last year, but something is off this year he has gone backwards, a long way backwards.

franklin2323

Immortal
We’ve been saying that about Waqa since he was 18. Looked like he was finally getting it last year, but something is off this year he has gone backwards, a long way backwards.

Yep. Maybe there is a reason behind it and that could be why he is being let look around

OldPanther

Coach
The highlights show his speed and footwork which would be an asset compared to our current two fullbacks, but has he shown that he has any ball playing skills?

Yeah I watched highlights after recommended from here and he definitely has a nice pass on him. Looks more comfortable ball playing than Aekins and Edwards.

betcats

Referee
The highlights show his speed and footwork which would be an asset compared to our current two fullbacks, but has he shown that he has any ball playing skills?

He threw a nice cutout pass to put Crchton over for his third try on the weekend. One Maloney would've been proud of.

I’m honestly not sure, but I thought it was interesting that he played some game at 6 in reserves. Perhaps they were trying to ascertain that or improve it?

kinghippo

Juniors
I’m honestly not sure, but I thought it was interesting that he played some game at 6 in reserves. Perhaps they were trying to ascertain that or improve it?
I hope he works out, seems very positive so far.
For me the lack of threat at fullback is our teams biggest attacking issue, and we have many issues :stuck_out_tongue_winking_eye:.

Why are the eels aloud to approach him anyway?
I know the anti tampering rules are not worth the paper they are written on but I didn’t think players could take offers unless the club has said they are aloud to look around.

I assume the club gave him permission, he mustn’t be happy at the club.

OldPanther

Coach
Next couple of years will be interesting. Pure talent wise Laurie and Staines have Edwards covered. However some players don't develop as we expect them to.

Edwards certainly has the opportunity to lock down that spot and not give the other 2 a chance.

The Flegg fullback. Another country boy.

I'll check his highlights. Definitely lends to what I said before about waiting till 2020 - 2021. It's like that is when our real roster is due out.

franklin2323

Immortal
Next couple of years will be interesting. Pure talent wise Laurie and Staines have Edwards covered. However some players don't develop as we expect them to.

Edwards certainly has the opportunity to lock down that spot and not give the other 2 a chance.

Hopefully they all put pressure on each other. Staines would need to improve ball playing I'd think

Status
Not open for further replies.

Latest posts