What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 Jerseys/Logos/Sponsorships

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
For clarity, this is NZ's playing jersey. The ones shown previously are training gear.

nz19jsy01m-front.jpg

Last edited:

kdalymc

Bench
Don't you think their traditional jerseys look exactly like the magpies and they should have their own look?
I've actually asked this numerous times and other forums and couldn't get an answer.
Which came first- the magpies or the kiwis and did anyone crack a shit/was their much discussion when it happened??

stylebender

Juniors
I've actually asked this numerous times and other forums and couldn't get an answer.
Which came first- the magpies or the kiwis and did anyone crack a shit/was their much discussion when it happened??
yeah i think as the national team new zealand should create their own unique look seperate from the magpies

Timmah

Staff member
yeah i think as the national team new zealand should create their own unique look seperate from the magpies
NZ have worn some variation of the white vee on a black jersey since 1938. I think the only exception was the 1995 RLWC where they wore a giant fern.

The Magpies wore a single thick vee briefly from 1944-47, then reverted to a single white horizontal stripe or a hoops style (think Cronulla but no sky blue) until 1960. Then they wore the same style thick-thin vee as NZ from 1961-1996 or thereabouts.

As for whether either cracked the shits about it, I'm not sure. @madunit might know?

Timmah

Staff member
:joy: oops. Fixed. The previous posts were training gear, although some people seemed to post as though they thought it was on-field kit.

My bad

madunit

Super Moderator
Staff member
NZ have worn some variation of the white vee on a black jersey since 1938. I think the only exception was the 1995 RLWC where they wore a giant fern.

The Magpies wore a single thick vee briefly from 1944-47, then reverted to a single white horizontal stripe or a hoops style (think Cronulla but no sky blue) until 1960. Then they wore the same style thick-thin vee as NZ from 1961-1996 or thereabouts.

As for whether either cracked the shits about it, I'm not sure. @madunit might know?
No one cared.

carcharias

Immortal
Are the other teams doing jerseys?
Don’t think so

A group of sharks players/staff go to PNG every year to help install solar panels in villages and walk the track.
It is affiliated with the Kokoda trust ( I think ).

So as a bit of a tribute they do the jersey.

I am pretty sure the green colour represents the army green.

If people can’t tell the difference between a predominantly black jersey and a bright lime green jersey then they have problems

GAZF

First Grade
For clarity, this is NZ's playing jersey. The ones shown previously are training gear.

nz19jsy01m-front.jpg
This is an interesting take on the traditional design. The original, uninterrupted V is preferable but years of sponsor additions and the adoption of raglan sleeves has eroded it way to less significance.

I wouldn't mind seeing how this would look if the V faded to a dark grey instead of black, so that the V was still almost entirely present, albeit muted from the sponsor downward.

gunpk

Juniors
social2.jpg
Manly are wearing this "Community Round" jersey again this weekend against the Dragons.

"Manly Warringah Sea Eagles will proudly feature the logos of both Melanoma Institute Australia and Bowel Cancer Australia on the sleeves of their URM Community Round jersey at Lottoland this Sunday"

yakstorm

First Grade
FB_IMG_1560395782084.jpg
On the promo image the fade appears to occur even further up than on the shop image.

I guess it isn't surprising, whilst the twin full Vee is the default Kiwi fallback, the NZRL has never been afraid of experimenting with the Kiwi kit...

Considering since BLK it has remained relatively untouched we were due a major change... I prefer this ISC iteration versus the low Vee back in 07/08...

eng_pl_NEW-ZEALAND-RUGBY-LEAGUE-SHIRT-M-BOYS-53557_1.jpg