What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 17th Match: Australia v Pakistan - Taunton 12/6/19 (Aust win by 41 runs)

JJ

Immortal
Austraya looking ominous - without looking particularly good

Maybe I am biased to bowlers, but in a 300 match, even in the losing team 10 overs 5 for 30 beats a century IMO... unusual for losing team to have MoM, but perhaps this was one occasion? Admittedly I only saw the first hour, and he didn't get early wickets so I could be way wrong... 3/33 is also standout...

Sphagnum

Coach
Nice to see Pakistan not even trying to hide the throw anymore. Some of those dropped sitters and that last run out.

Front-Rower

First Grade
The rot started when Finch then Smith threw their wickets away. Finch really needed to get to his 100 then go hard again. I don’t know what Smith was thinking, once Finch got out he really needed to be there when Warner got to 100 and allow him to accelerate whilst Smith built.

Hopefully they’ll learn from it.

Eelectrica

Referee

Maybe I am biased to bowlers, but in a 300 match, even in the losing team 10 overs 5 for 30 beats a century IMO... unusual for losing team to have MoM, but perhaps this was one occasion? Admittedly I only saw the first hour, and he didn't get early wickets so I could be way wrong... 3/33 is also standout...
I think what cost Ali a MOTM were those two drops. After he dropped Finch, finch opened it up and started attacking lifting his strike rate.
The Warner drop wasn't as costly, but it could have been.

TheParraboy

Staff member

Nah Warner deserved MOM , he batted real well, the wicket had something in it if bowlers bowled well, definitely not a road. Finch was dropped easily twice for his runs, and highest score any Paki could get was 53

Cummins did just as well as Amir, both took 3 of the top 6 order batsmen out. Cummins got opener Farkar out for 0 f**king

If you gave 3-2-1 voting

3 Warner
2 Amir
1 Cummins

Batting order needs some work. Personally I’d shift Finch down the order. Provides a better balance.

Khawaja
Warner
Smith
Marsh
Finch
Maxwell
Carey

Maxwell also came in way too early last night.

If Mitch Marsh comes into the team

Warner
Finch
Khawaja
Smith
M. Marsh
Maxwell
Carey

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member
Batting order needs some work. Personally I’d shift Finch down the order. Provides a better balance.

Khawaja
Warner
Smith
Marsh
Finch
Maxwell
Carey

Maxwell also came in way too early last night.

If Mitch Marsh comes into the team

Warner
Finch
Khawaja
Smith
M. Marsh
Maxwell
Carey

I like the second option as we have more bowling depth, last night was had to bowl Fatty Finch ffs

didn't like the team that was selected although we had no choice with Stoinis being injured, bowling looked a bit thin for mine

I like the second option as we have more bowling depth, last night was had to bowl Fatty Finch ffs

didn't like the team that was selected although we had no choice with Stoinis being injured, bowling looked a bit thin for mine

Mitch Marsh is definitely a better bowler than Stoinis, hopefully he comes into the squad. But if he doesn’t, Maxwell & Finch may as well bowl as the fifth bowling option. Stoinis offers little.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
I think what cost Ali a MOTM were those two drops. After he dropped Finch, finch opened it up and started attacking lifting his strike rate.
The Warner drop wasn't as costly, but it could have been.
Aamir didn't drop anyone.

It was Asif Ali.

Latest posts