What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Metal thread \m/

adamkungl

Immortal
http://blackenfestival.com/

Just heard about this - an Aussie camp-out muti-day festival out the back of Alice.
I don't know any of the bands but if it takes off it would be a dream come true for fans of Wacken, Hellfest, etc.

Imo Download/Soundwave missed a trick by not doing something like this.
Touring bands between cities is a giant waste of money that could be put into the festival itself and make it a world class event.

Plonk it out on a farm near Canberra somewhere, make it a world class 2.5 day event and people would come from far and wide.

Storm13

Juniors
Tool debut two new songs today. Crappy audio with people talking through it. Only listened to portion of the songs as I am saving myself for a full album/single release.

beave

Coach
http://blackenfestival.com/

Just heard about this - an Aussie camp-out muti-day festival out the back of Alice.
I don't know any of the bands but if it takes off it would be a dream come true for fans of Wacken, Hellfest, etc.

Imo Download/Soundwave missed a trick by not doing something like this.
Touring bands between cities is a giant waste of money that could be put into the festival itself and make it a world class event.

Plonk it out on a farm near Canberra somewhere, make it a world class 2.5 day event and people would come from far and wide.

I only know 2 bands on the bill (Frankenbok and Cosmic Psychos). Love the concept though, hope it grows into something really big.

Vic Mackey

Referee
Tool debut two new songs today. Crappy audio with people talking through it. Only listened to portion of the songs as I am saving myself for a full album/single release.

Saying they’ll release the album on August 30th. I won’t believe it til I’m physically listening to it, these guys love purposely pissing off their fans.

Perth Tiger

Bench
Gig tomorrow night in Sydney

Ne Obliviscaris
Allegaeon
Beyond Creation
Rivers of Nihil
Caligulas Horse

I was very close to flying over to Brisbane to go to this show and watch some footy, but didn't end up pulling the trigger as I saw NeO the last time they were in Perth. I would be interested to hear how it goes.

adamkungl

Immortal
I was very close to flying over to Brisbane to go to this show and watch some footy, but didn't end up pulling the trigger as I saw NeO the last time they were in Perth. I would be interested to hear how it goes.

I've seen NeO a whole bunch of times, was a big fan of their first 2 albums.

Mainly going this time for Allegaeon. But all 5 bands on the lineup are quality, should be a great night

Perth Tiger

Bench
I've seen NeO a whole bunch of times, was a big fan of their first 2 albums.

Mainly going this time for Allegaeon. But all 5 bands on the lineup are quality, should be a great night

Haha, that was my exact same reason for almost going (seeing Allegaeon, but interested in the others) and then not going (seen NeO three times already).

The Tour isn't coming across to Perth which sucks so will be checking out Eluveitie next Sunday instead

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Memoriam (ex-Boltthrower and Benediction members) just released their third album in as many years. And it’s a total riff-fest, check it out if you like later Boltthrower type stuff:

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Whole bunch of good tours happening for the rest of this this year including some bucket listers:

Metal Church
Dark Angel
Sacred Reich and Vio-Lence
Immolation and Dark Funeral
Cradle of Filth performing Cruelty and the abeast in its entirety
Batushka
Bloodbath

Sure I’ve missed a couple as well

Mong

Post Whore
Whole bunch of good tours happening for the rest of this this year including some bucket listers:

Metal Church
Dark Angel
Batushka
Bloodbath

I’m looking forward to cradle. Apparently the venue they are playing in Brisbane is shit though.

Mong

Post Whore
Tool catalogue on streaming services later this week apparently, and about time!!

New thy art is murder album is out too, anyone had a listen yet? Reports I’ve read have been good

Twizzle

Administrator
Staff member

Metal Church
Dark Angel
Batushka
Bloodbath

Opeth touring in November, one of the very few bands on my bucket list that I haven't seen.

Latest posts