What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Adam Dykes for 2005.

84 Baby

Referee
It’s called respect and the only way it’s taught is with a few beltings. It’s not the man’s fault if they don’t learn

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
It’s called respect and the only way it’s taught is with a few beltings. It’s not the man’s fault if they don’t learn
Well mate it's 2019 and that shit no longer flies. Get with the 21st century and control your loved ones through passive aggressive emotional manipulation.

Chipmunk

Coach
Not college football.
College football and the humongous crowds they get are a reminder of how sport is supposed to be.

Most college football teams give out plenty of scholarships though and that is a form of payment. In general those with the most scholarships available tend to be the better teams. The number of scholarships you have available is generally based on a combination of the revenue you generate and the endowment the school may have. So still comes down to money you spend on your team in broad terms in general terms.

Also, the good college programs tend to stay good because of previous success and people wanting to be noticed in a better team for potential future NFL.

Last edited:

Eelogical

Referee
Thurgoona these days, Moved here after 52 years in 'the best town in NSW" to be closer to medical...as you do when you get to be an old goat..
I knew you moved, hence the Trev reference. Best town in NSW, eh? That's quite subjective as most towns have an appeal to some yet not others. As far as NSW towns are concerned I'd go for Y****

T-Boon

Coach
Most college football teams give out plenty of scholarships though and that is a form of payment. In general those with the most scholarships available tend to be the better teams. The number of scholarships you have available is generally based on a combination of the revenue you generate and the endowment the school may have. So still comes down to money you spend on your team in broad terms in general terms.

I am pretty certain all the power 5 conference colleges give out 85 scholarships at any one time and none go below that. Some schools scholarships are more valuable because the school is more exclusive (Stanford, ND, Michigan, Rice, Northwestern etc) but those schools dont get the best talent anyway.

Also, the good college programs tend to stay good because of previous success and people wanting to be noticed in a better team for potential future NFL.

This is true and a valid point. A lot goes into how a recruit selects the school they go to. It is interesting stuff.

hindy111

Post Whore
I too reward my wife by withholding sex.

What does she have to do before she is rewarded? I looked at a job for some Indian guy. He clicked his finger and his wife bought out juice. Then he says sit down have a juice and we can talk about price. Does your wife also bring out juice?

hindy111

Post Whore
It was on a tray and everything. Glasses and fresh squeezed juice in a glass bottle.
I never seen anything like this before.

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
What does she have to do before she is rewarded? I looked at a job for some Indian guy. He clicked his finger and his wife bought out juice. Then he says sit down have a juice and we can talk about price. Does your wife also bring out juice?
If that's a euphemism then yes. Yes she does.

Chipmunk

Coach
I am pretty certain all the power 5 conference colleges give out 85 scholarships at any one time and none go below that. Some schools scholarships are more valuable because the school is more exclusive (Stanford, ND, Michigan, Rice, Northwestern etc) but those schools dont get the best talent anyway.

This is true and a valid point. A lot goes into how a recruit selects the school they go to. It is interesting stuff.

On the general premise of your original post though, I think it's fascinating sport. Easily, along with College Basketball, as the most professional of sports to be played by essentially amateurs. The amount of money they generate and the crowds they get are absurd.

I went to an end of season Bowl game a few years back.