What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 18th Match: New Zealand v India - Nottingham 13/6/19 (match abandoned)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Starts 730pm Thursday

This should be a great game

If the weather holds out, first loss for one of the sides coming up
Which will mean either NZ or India will be the only undefeated side at the cup

Front-Rower

First Grade
If Boult can produce his best and get the ball swinging back into the right hander I believe NZ can beat India.

I know it was only a trial match but NZ did towel them up a couple of weeks ago.

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Dhawan out for two games will be a big blow. Kohli yet to set the house on fire.

A battle of the bowlers, India's mob is probably the best all round attack, the kiwis in the right conditions can rout anyone.

I'm tipping the blek keps due to the wet weather haunting England atm

JJ

Immortal
If there's movement about we're a huge show - Boult and co can be very dangerous, and our bats are more used to it... But Bumrah is the sort who tends to own us, and the Indians dominated us in NZ without him... man-for-man nobody compares well with them at the moment, we have to play well to be close...

TheParraboy

Staff member
Its 1230am there in Nottingham now and pissing down
Gonna ease come game time, but still rain about

Some county games were washed out yeterday

TheParraboy

Staff member
damp and muddy field in parts, light rain as well

Pistol said they will keep on inspecting, but its cold and not conclusive to drying
Wont be any play any time soon

looks grim tbh

roofromoz

First Grade
We Apologise... for putting the Cricket Tragic on during the rain delay.

Put back on that World Cup doco please.

shiznit

Coach
I always think it’s pretty crazy that 2 straight days of rain can potentially make an entire World Cup meaningless... and by that I mean if they rain out the 2 days allotted for the final you end up with co champions... which kinda sucks...

Even at the last cup.... they had the final at the MCG... I thought if it rained on the first day and it looked like doing the same on the 2nd day... why not move it to Marvel Stadium... but apparently that wasn’t even an option... I think that’s nuts...

JJ

Immortal
Although chances are 1 pt was a good outcome for us, I can't help but feel given our build up (which was non-existent prior to a couple of warm ups in the UK) we needed a game against that side to see where we are at...

Latest posts