What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Tonga v NZ Tickets on sale - Those ticket prices but

Stallion

First Grade
Yes, I got it wrong on the current state of ticket sales. I misread a previous post. But at the end of the day this game will sell-out and reducing ticket prices as you suggest would have ended up costing the game millions.

Well done! You are showing some common decency! Great stuff!

latingringo101

Juniors
I hope it’s a sell out. In 5-10 years a major long term goal would be to do Triple headers at ANZ, Eden Park, etc and a weekend of Pacific rep footy.

Could you imagine;

Day 1 Women’s Games

Cook Islands vs Niue
Fiji vs PNG
Samoa vs Tonga

Day 2 Men’s

Cook Islands vs PNG
Samoa vs Fiji
Tonga vs NZ

titoelcolombiano

First Grade
I admit to knowing nothing about RL in NZ but is it possible that the NZ born Tongan population are Kiwi supporters.... except when they play Tonga?

It would explain why the Kiwis can pull a crowd against Australia but get outnumbered by Tongan fans in their own country.

Burns

First Grade
Sales still pretty flat. Imagine will need Fifita, JT ect to be for Tonga to get them through the door.

roughyedspud

Coach
Nzrl are skint, nrl has cut their funding, they need all the revenue they can get.

But the NRL have paying for this game so they'll get most of the revenue..

Nz & Tonga are likely getting a set fee and everything else will go to the aussies.

yakstorm

First Grade
Tickets are beginning to move a bit now. Southern Lower is pretty much sold out now, with Bays either exhausted or down to single seats.

On the Western Side Bays 10 - 16 on the Lower side are now exhausted, 2 - 4 + 7 in the Upper are also gone, whilst Bays 5 and 6 have very little left. Bay 1, I'm not sure if this was ever put on sale.

On the Eastern Side, Bays 30 and 37 are gone. 31 and 26 are down to very limited seats in the Lower, whilst 35 and 39 in the Upper are similar. Anyway, it looks like we're about 50%+ sold now.

Burns

First Grade
Hmm, I can still buy up to 20 tickets in a row in Bays 29 and 38 in the Eastern stand, well most of the Bays actually. So that isn't great.

I've got the vibe that the Western side simply isn't on sale. It'll be interesting where we are this time next Wednesday when we are a few days out.

Burns

First Grade
Northern Hill, and lower Southern stand are sold out. So, the cheap tickets have moved.

The Eastern stand really isn't moving that fast, and will need a big push this week.

yakstorm

First Grade
It's not moving fast, but there is at least some movement thankfully...

In addition to 30 and 37 being sold out earlier, 31 is now down to only doubles, whilst 39, 40 and 41 in the Upper Stand are down to only limited seats as well.

On Bays like 29 now, if you attempt to buy, at least you seats are back the back of the Bay versus the Front which was the case just a few days ago.

No Bay seems completely empty, which is a plus, but I won't be surprised to see the rest of the Upper South and the corners sell out before the remaining middle Bays move. If we get to capacity, it will be like Origin in Brisbane, won't happen until the day.

How's the weather looking in Auckland?

yakstorm

First Grade
That's positive, as long as there is no major weather events, like the cyclone the Warriors had a few years back when they took the Dragons to Eden Park... wiped off about half the crowd the match was selling towards.

Silver Bays now becoming difficult to get seats in. It's a lucky dip if you get seats returned when you put in 2 or more seats. Quicker them and Bronze fully sell out, the quicker the Gold and Platinums will move.

Burns

First Grade
Well they've bitten the bullet.

Bays 36 and 42 in the Eastern Upper have now been made cheaper, with half the Bay now 'Silver' Category and not Gold. That is $20 cheaper for an Adult and allows the Junior and Family categories.

The ends of the Northern stand are now a new 'Green' category.

They've made a mess of this.

Latest posts