What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Opinion Is Ricky Stuart the most overrated coach ever?

nick87

Coach
In fairness, the team is going through a horrific injury run right now.
Between injury and rep duty, we'll have 1/3rd of our entire FG squad unavailable this week, and the injuries have unfortunately come to guys like Baeteman, Raps, Beej, Tapine, Hodgson... i mean that is arguably 5 of our best 6-7 players

This week we'll be without JB, Rapana, BJ, Hodgson, Wighton, Cotric and Papalii... that's probably somewhere in the realm of 40-50% of our cap and the best players in the team, and impact performers in every level... hard to win games under these circumstances.

Mr. Snrub

Juniors
In fairness, the team is going through a horrific injury run right now.
Between injury and rep duty, we'll have 1/3rd of our entire FG squad unavailable this week, and the injuries have unfortunately come to guys like Baeteman, Raps, Beej, Tapine, Hodgson... i mean that is arguably 5 of our best 6-7 players

This week we'll be without JB, Rapana, BJ, Hodgson, Wighton, Cotric and Papalii... that's probably somewhere in the realm of 40-50% of our cap and the best players in the team, and impact performers in every level... hard to win games under these circumstances.

We can never have nice things down in Canberra.

nick87

Coach
Need more rep players.

He's got plenty now. Rapana*, Cotric*, Wighton*, Papalii*, Hodgson*, Whitehead, Bateman*, Tapine and soon Sutton will rep ENG, and George Williams is on the way.

That's 9 rep players, and 10 next year... But when a large portion of them are on the shelf thanks to injuries, it's tough.
Find me any team in the league, and then take our their best winger, their best centre, their best front rower, their starting hooker, their top 2 back rowers and let's find out how good they are.

Drew-Sta

Staff member
He's got plenty now. Rapana*, Cotric*, Wighton*, Papalii*, Hodgson*, Whitehead, Bateman*, Tapine and soon Sutton will rep ENG, and George Williams is on the way.

That's 9 rep players, and 10 next year... But when a large portion of them are on the shelf thanks to injuries, it's tough.
Find me any team in the league, and then take our their best winger, their best centre, their best front rower, their starting hooker, their top 2 back rowers and let's find out how good they are.

Still doing miles better than Saints...

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
We went 3 or so seasons without many injuries and were poor, what this current injury toll does is give the angry ant an excuse .

BadnMean

Juniors

ha! All lies. Tapine doesn't make our 2 best backrowers!

I can't even remember what a Tapine plays like anymore- he just looks like bae.

BadnMean

Juniors
If he can nurse this team through the next 7 weeks without our best players in Leilua, Bateman, Hodgson, Rapana, Cotric, Wighton & Papalii & come away with 3 wins (+ bye) then he should be up for coach of the year.

*Assuming Papalli/Cotric/Wighton miss a few games for Origin if the leaks are to be believed.

He's just about done it ahead of schedule...

Nothing over-rated about turning Wighton into an Origin level half, guiding rookies through winning NRL stints while all the senior players were out & getting the 2 new Poms up to speed quicksmart.

4.2 mill of our cap on the bench for a couple of games (other clubs whinge for dispensation :p)

Shove it it their faces Ricky!

gerg

Juniors
Wighton is good

Most of the timr

And at football not as a human

When I played years ago we had a teammate dumber than a bag of marbles and the coach would always be saying 'do I have to draw you a f***ing diagram'.
Ricky has given Wighton the 'blueprint' to success.