What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NRL Rd 14 2019 - General Non-Warriors Thread

Blair

Coach
Over the hump, with only 12 games to go before the finals.

Three or four teams look set, and ominous: Storm, Souths, Roosters (despite losing three on the trot), add the Raiders, Knights and Sharks in a, slightly, lower tier.

I'm keen to see how good the Knights really are, or how seriously we can take their premiership ambitions this season, when they meet Melbourne away on Saturday.

Tonight is another beauty, Raiders v Sharks. Johnson's back, but why rush it, when there's a bye next week, and the current combo of young Flano and the Chad are going good?

I feel for Wests Tigers fans. It looks like another season without finals footy (it's been eight years now) and I'll bet the coach will be keen to build his own squad now, and discarding the likes of an under-performing Matulino, Packer and Taylor. Incidentally, the last time the Tigers played a final, those three were in the opposition and performing brilliantly!

Sea Eagles at home to the Dragons. What an awkward encounter for a tipster, and the Roosters should get back to winning, against the Dogs.

Titans v Warriors, spoon fight! It should be an exciting one that. Kiwis galore at Robina, they don't want to be disappointed. Let's hope both teams throw the ball around (and don't drop it, like their top-eight hopes).

Blair

Coach
Raiders up 20-0, then it's 20-all. Good game, late penalty wins it for Canberra (I'm feeling the vibe).

Papali'i had a big game, as did Townsend, who was worthy of a Blues call-up.

Blair

Coach
Thriller in Townsville, Tigers rush out to big lead, Cowboys comeback to lead, late penalty try to Tigers to go 26-24 up. Last minute penalty for Cows, 26-all.

GP win to Tigers, Benji field-goal.

Last edited:

Blair

Coach
Rd 14 Ladder:

upload_2019-6-16_19-44-58.png

Fitting that it's Manu's winning song this week...

"I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the end of the night
He's gotta be strong
And he's gotta be fast
And he's gotta be fresh from the fight
I need a hero
I'm holding out for a hero 'til the morning light
He's gotta be sure
And it's gotta be soon
And he's gotta be larger than life!
Larger than life..."

Holding Out For A Hero - Bonnie Tyler

Beavers Headgear

First Grade
You're in a world of joy, Beave.

A charming and effective coach runs your outfit, with a cracking assistant too!

I have Kearney and Iro.

It’s amazed me tbh, have basically got into a time machine and traveled back to 2011 with Des back and he got Crusher Cleal and Donny Singe involved again, while bringing in ex players in various roles such as Monaghan, Ballin and Stewart

Probably best summed up by Marty Taupau last week on Fox Sports, asked what the difference is between this year and last “Des. He has brought back what Manly means, and what Manly is”

Iro must be the longest serving person in a coaching role in Warriors history