What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rabbitohs rumours, signings, injuries etc

assess5

Juniors
I bet Gagai has probably told somebody that he sees himself as a centre in the long term. It's been slipped to the media and been taken way out of context. Feel sorry for Gagai he seems to copping a lot of shit for it. As long as he wins a premiership with us he can do whatever he likes after that. Don't blame him.

If you were Gagai, on a shitload of money, playing in a team that had been leading the comp, had arguably the best coach, unarguably the most experienced coach, the team with a really solid chance of going all the way, would you trade all that for a few dollars more with a team like, maybe, the Cowboys, Titans, St George, West Tigers...….?

Woodger?

Pommy

Coach
If you were Gagai, on a shitload of money, playing in a team that had been leading the comp, had arguably the best coach, unarguably the most experienced coach, the team with a really solid chance of going all the way, would you trade all that for a few dollars more with a team like, maybe, the Cowboys, Titans, St George, West Tigers...….?

Woodger?

League players aren’t known for being bright.

Pommy

Coach
I don’t know what the big fuss is.
In the modern game wingers are more important to a team than centres, especially right centres as players struggles to pass left to right.
That’s why the majority of tries in the NRL are scored on the left.
Gags can get more involved by playing wing.

The problem is he doesn’t. I would swap him for jennings any day.

Crowe

Juniors
I bet Gagai has probably told somebody that he sees himself as a centre in the long term. It's been slipped to the media and been taken way out of context. Feel sorry for Gagai he seems to copping a lot of shit for it. As long as he wins a premiership with us he can do whatever he likes after that. Don't blame him.

A few weeks back when GI retired, Gags was asked at the weekly press conference about being back playing in the centres.
He said he enjoyed being back playing centres and that was his prefer position but he’ll do whatever’s best for the team.
So it’s not like this was not common knowledge that Gags enjoys playing in the centres.
Fast forward Tuesday when our team was named.. Gags was named on the wing outside Jimmy.
This is where Dean Ritchie decides to make up the rumour that Gags wants out.
When really he tried to join dots and he has no clue.

callmack1

Staff member
Well, the rumour has thankfully been put to bed today. Wayne has said that Gags addressed the players this morning to say none of it is true. Great news!

‘Frustrated’ Gagai clears air with Rabbitohs teammates over exit rumours: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a2faa9e70c5cb47b6dcbd2f9111d8551

Time for everyone to move on. It does show what a joke the media is though as it's a completely made up story.

Pommy

Coach
Well, the rumour has thankfully been put to bed today. Wayne has said that Gags addressed the players this morning to say none of it is true. Great news!

‘Frustrated’ Gagai clears air with Rabbitohs teammates over exit rumours: https://www.foxsports.com.au/nrl/nr...s/news-story/a2faa9e70c5cb47b6dcbd2f9111d8551

Time for everyone to move on. It does show what a joke the media is though as it's a completely made up story.

Or Gagai has been told it’s not happening and needs to clear the air with his teammates.

ThingFish

Juniors
Any idea why Douhi wasn’t named for Lebanon next weekend?
Not real sure. He may not of made himself available. After the World Cup there was a lot of issues between the players and the Lebanese governing body. Players weren’t paid what they were promised, if at all. Lebanon were almost banned from the 2021 World Cup.

ThingFish

Juniors
The Mole reporting that Bennett will be talking to English forward Luke Thompson while he’s over there this week. Apparently we are prepared to pay a very large transfer fee to get St Helens to release him.

ThingFish

Juniors
Any idea why Douhi wasn’t named for Lebanon next weekend?

The reason is given in this story
https://www.zerotackle.com/robbie-f...hoosing-rest-over-representing-lebanon-45311/

Is a zero tackle story so link probably won’t work. But essentially Douehi was not available because part of his rehab program was to rest this weekend. Story also states some players are still fighting with Lebanese RL, and they may still be dropped from RL WC2021 because they don’t have a domestic comp.

Pommy

Coach
The Mole reporting that Bennett will be talking to English forward Luke Thompson while he’s over there this week. Apparently we are prepared to pay a very large transfer fee to get St Helens to release him.

A bit of a shitter for George if true. I’m certain it won’t be until next season anyway as saints likely to win the super league this year.

Souths Till I Die

First Grade
A bit of a shitter for George if true. I’m certain it won’t be until next season anyway as saints likely to win the super league this year.

Are you keen for Souths to resign George? I don’t think it would be smart for our salary cap moving forward but I can understand why you would lean towards resigning him as an English supporter.

Pommy

Coach
Are you keen for Souths to resign George? I don’t think it would be smart for our salary cap moving forward but I can understand why you would lean towards resigning him as an English supporter.

Not really I’m fine with him leaving but the reason banded about has been salary cap constraints.
Yet here we are trying to sign another top English prop in his place. Perhaps his wages will be less than George’s but perhaps George can’t command the same contract this time around either.

handyman2190

Bench
At this stage we are not getting value from george and he is pushing for more money,when we needed him to aim up last week he concocted a virus so he didnt play,everytime he gets the ball we have our hearts in our hands thinking he will drop the ball,he is probbly worth 400 not 600k if he accepts that its fine resign him otherwise,arivadeci!

Latest posts