What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R14 Thu - Raiders 22-20 Sharks @ GIO

Round 14: Raiders v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

carcharias

Immortal
All plastic chairs were intact iirc. Had Stick not kicked the shit out of them in the second half, he would have offered one to tired old Sia. Regardless, Capewell should be old enough to know the virtue of patience.

I caught a bit of Ricky on the sideline at the end.
He doesn’t know how funny he is.

Sharks didn’t deserve to win but it would’ve been comedy gold to see Ricky if they had.

GAZF

First Grade
I caught a bit of Ricky on the sideline at the end.
He doesn’t know how funny he is.

Sharks didn’t deserve to win but it would’ve been comedy gold to see Ricky if they had.
I think Sticky's funny, whatever he does. His ironic "ruin first grade halfbacks" routine never gets old, no matter how many times you hear it.

I think we can both agree that the scoreline reflects the scoring events of the game, regardless of how they came to fruition. We should all be heaping praise on the scorekeepers for nailing their job every week.

carcharias

Immortal
I think Sticky's funny, whatever he does. His ironic "ruin first grade halfbacks" routine never gets old, no matter how many times you hear it.

I think we can both agree that the scoreline reflects the scoring events of the game, regardless of how they came to fruition. We should all be heaping praise on the scorekeepers for nailing their job every week.

I was at soccer training ( too old to play footy )
We have beers and watch the game in the clubhouse afterwards.
About 50 blokes who follow all different teams hoping the sharks scored at the end.
Everyone wanted a Ricky meltdown.

ACTPanthers

Bench
Dugan was getting heckled from the crowd hard (I was at the game) but I'll say this, he handled it very well - Had a smile on his face, and even had some light hearted banter with some of the crowd.

GAZF

First Grade
I was at soccer training ( too old to play footy )
We have beers and watch the game in the clubhouse afterwards.
About 50 blokes who follow all different teams hoping the sharks scored at the end.
Everyone wanted a Ricky meltdown.
Bad Sports FC. I was at home watching a narrow win for Rugby League.

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
MATCH REPORT: Raiders v Sharks

Cotric injured as Raiders outlast Sharks
Andrew Jackson | June 13 2019 9:48PM

Canberra Raiders v Cronulla-Sutherland Sharks

The Canberra Raiders have withstood a spirited comeback to down the Cronulla Sharks 22-20 at GIO Stadium, despite scoring less tries than their opponents.

CANBERRA RAIDERS (22)
Tries: Jarrod Croker, Aidan Sezer, Bailey Simonsson
Conversions: Jarrod Croker (3/3)
Penalty Goals: Jarrod Croker (2/2)

CRONULLA-SUTHERLAND SHARKS (20)
Tries: Josh Dugan (2), Josh Morris, Braden Hamlin-Uele
Conversions: Shaun Johnson (2/4)

Click here to read the full report: https://leagueunlimited.com/news/33525-raiders-v-sharks-report/

Puntoue

Juniors
He did the right thing when some neanderthal bone head cheap shots your halfback on the ground

So when your team mate gets hit with a legal tackle the right thing to do is run over 15 meters and take out a marker? It should have honestly been considered a professional foul.

No matter how hard Skeepe tries to say otherwise it wasn’t a shoulder charge and when Fifita drops on him with the swinging arm it doesn’t make contract with the head. It was all legal.

The right thing to do is tell your forwards to fire up and put Fifita on his arse the next hit up he takes, not run over and play pretend tough with a prop because you know he can’t smack you.

MilkShark

First Grade
This is Dugan taking a penalty tap after Croker getting penalised for holding down. Circled is Croker, he went back 5 m before tackling Dugan, stopping a try.

He went unpenalised. He should have been sent for 10.

Capture.JPG

skeepe

Immortal
This is Dugan taking a penalty tap after Croker getting penalised for holding down. Circled is Croker, he went back 5 m before tackling Dugan, stopping a try.

He went unpenalised. He should have been sent for 10.

View attachment 30546

The tap has already been taken. All that still image proves is that Croker was in that position after Dugan tapped the ball, which he is quite entitled to do.

bileduct

Coach
The tap has already been taken. All that still image proves is that Croker was in that position after Dugan tapped the ball, which he is quite entitled to do.
Croker never retires the 10. He's 5m away from the tap when it is taken, steps back 2m at most before getting involved and is instrumental in stopping Dugan from scoring after Whitehead fell out of the tackle.

Milkshark is right. Croker should have been put in the bin.

Last edited:

MilkShark

First Grade
Yep, Croker just stands there looking at the ref with a stupid look on his face while the rest of the team get back to the goal line.
Pretty incredible that it was missed right in front of the refs, I was screaming at the tv

Croker was the one that tackled Dugan stopping him from scoring, unbelievable

bileduct

Coach
Pretty incredible that it was missed right in front of the refs, I was screaming at the tv

Croker was the one that tackled Dugan stopping him from scoring, unbelievable
If the teams were reversed skreepe would still be bringing up that tackle ten years from now.

M2D2

Bench
For the shit i gave sharks fans in our forum, holy f**k, Some of you Canberra fans are brain dead and missing an eye or two.
And i dont mean just Skeepe too.