What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Rnd 14 team list vs Broncos

Happy MEel

First Grade
I reckon the 1-19 named for tomorrow are under lock and key for 2020, or at least have offers on the table.
That makes sense. I’m still blown away that we’re stuck with someone of Smith’s and (to a lesser extent) Terepo’s ability for yet another year. They are the kind of players you offer 1 year take-it-or-leave-it deals as required.

hineyrulz

Post Whore
That makes sense. I’m still blown away that we’re stuck with someone of Smith’s ability (and to a lesser extent) Terepo’s ability for yet another year. They are the kind of players you offer 1 year take-it-or-leave-it deals as required.
Nah mate 3 year deals all round!!

Poupou Escobar

Post Whore
Yeah it'd be great to be off contract every single year. We've seen how good that is for merkins' concentration.

If you're good enough to be a backup for one year you're good enough for two or three.

Happy MEel

First Grade
Yeah it'd be great to be off contract every single year. We've seen how good that is for merkins' concentration.

If you're good enough to be a backup for one year you're good enough for two or three.
Except there could be better backups come through the grades or available externally (an actual back up half) but you’ve wasted a roster spot for three f**king years on a jack-of-no-trades in smith.

Happy MEel

First Grade

The opposite could be said for some players. Alvaro was on single year contracts and was playing great footy. He was rewarded with a multi year contract and he turned to shit this year. Now that might be too simplistic but so is your comment.

Gower’s concentration hasn’t seemed to be affected either with one year deals and Smith has been dog shit throughout his multi year contract, so I don’t think giving him a year-by-year contract would change anything.

Last edited:

Noise

Coach
I wonder how many other jack-of-no-trade backup utilities were given 3 year deals?

Latest posts