What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NBN Provider

axl rose

Bench
What provider are you with? is anyone with Aussie Broadband? need a change, sick of these TPG halfwits from Delhi.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
What provider are you with? is anyone with Aussie Broadband? need a change, sick of these TPG halfwits from Delhi.
TPG are idiots..

I’m unfortunately locked into a contract with them at the moment but once it’s expired I’ll be with either IINET or Foxtel NBN

some11

Referee
Been on Aussie Broadband for years, never had an issue except for the teething problems when our HFC NBN went live.

They're like internode used to be before they got bought out by the big guys - great service, aussie call centre etc. Hoping they hold out long enough to not sell to one of the big companies.

Can't recommend them enough, they actually monitor each POI to see if it needs more capacity during peak hours.

some11

Referee
TPG are idiots..

I’m unfortunately locked into a contract with them at the moment but once it’s expired I’ll be with either IINET or Foxtel NBN
Just know iiNet is a subsidiary of TPG, just as Foxtel NBN is just rebranded Telstra and prices will reflect that. Good if you want Fox bundled with everything, if you just want sports sign up to Kayo instead.

muzby

Village Idiot
Staff member
Just know iiNet is a subsidiary of TPG, just as Foxtel NBN is just rebranded Telstra and prices will reflect that. Good if you want Fox bundled with everything, if you just want sports sign up to Kayo instead.
Motherf**ker..

Not you.. damn tpg subsidiary..

sensesmaybenumbed

Staff member
Was with belong, they were ok.

Vodafone offered me 80 gig a month data shared between my wife and I for an extra $10 a month, which is way more than we need, so we cut the cord.

Incorrect

Coach
I'm with Aussie Broadband, I reckon they're grouse. Always proactive with advice on service interruptions etc. Their call centre staff were knowledgeable on the 1 occasion I had to call them. Would deffo recommend....

soc123_au

Staff member
My area just went live & I'm also trying to decide who to go with. I really wanted to go with Foxtel as the bundle will save me a few dollars,but the reviews I've read are terrible. Aussie Broadband seems like the pick from what I've read online. Anyone have NBN with Foxtel? And if so,is it any good?

___

Juniors
I’m with Exetel, $59/month for NBN50. About the cheapest out there for a decent speed tier.
Does it come with anything else like phone calls or a bundle plan? I pay $99 with Telstra which includes line rental, unlimited calls nationwide (including mobiles), NRL & AFL live pass, and Telstra TV.

Telstra originally planned to give us unlimited data for $120, but we didn't want that so they reduced to to $99 and 1500GB (and we get nowhere near the halfway mark of that limit even with Netflix used daily as well as watching NRL on the phone/ipad).

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Does it come with anything else like phone calls or a bundle plan? I pay $99 with Telstra which includes line rental, unlimited calls nationwide (including mobiles), NRL & AFL live pass, and Telstra TV.

Telstra originally planned to give us unlimited data for $120, but we didn't want that so they reduced to to $99 and 1500GB (and we get nowhere near the halfway mark of that limit even with Netflix used daily as well as watching NRL on the phone/ipad).

No phone but I don’t want or need one (could’ve got a landline with included calls for under $10 but why? I have a mobile).

No other inclusions but I have Kayo Sport and split the cost of it with a friend as we both live by ourselves, so only need one screen each. So that covers pay TV sport and I have Netflix for movies and stuff. So all up I’m paying about $80 for unlimited broadband, premium sport and Netflix.

axl rose

Bench
Stayed home from work to get the NBN installed. Tech showed up for a few minutes then left. then got this email

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to activate the NBN connection to
your premises, because the installation has been requested to be cancelled.

To cancel your account, please email adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au.
Please ensure you include your ADSL username or customer ID in any
correspondence.

Nice work TPG/NBN

iu

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Stayed home from work to get the NBN installed. Tech showed up for a few minutes then left. then got this email

Unfortunately, we are currently unable to activate the NBN connection to
your premises, because the installation has been requested to be cancelled.

To cancel your account, please email adsl_cancel@tpg.com.au.
Please ensure you include your ADSL username or customer ID in any
correspondence.

Nice work TPG/NBN

iu

What the f**k? When I had the tech come round he tested the cable (old Foxtel coax), replaced the wall plate because he decided the old one wasn’t up to scratch, then sent the activation request which was completed almost immediately- I even got to jump online and run a speed test before he left to make sure it was all working properly!
Sounds like your tech was a lazy wanker and probably presssed the wrong button. What did he tell you when he was on site?

axl rose

Bench
What the f**k? When I had the tech come round he tested the cable (old Foxtel coax), replaced the wall plate because he decided the old one wasn’t up to scratch, then sent the activation request which was completed almost immediately- I even got to jump online and run a speed test before he left to make sure it was all working properly!
Sounds like your tech was a lazy wanker and probably presssed the wrong button. What did he tell you when he was on site?
I live in an apartment on the 5th level. The white NBN utility box has been installed downstairs on the outside on the premises, tech said they put it on the wrong spot and something about no install today then he left. Not much luck on the phones. Will cancel everything with TPG and try my luck with Aussie Broadband.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
I live in an apartment on the 5th level. The white NBN utility box has been installed downstairs on the outside on the premises, tech said they put it on the wrong spot and something about no install today then he left. Not much luck on the phones. Will cancel everything with TPG and try my luck with Aussie Broadband.

Sounds like an NBNCo rather than TPG issue tbh. The techs that come to your property are NBNCo contractors. TPG just resells the service. By the sound of it the tech had lousy communication skills and should’ve properly explained the problem to you when he discovered it, along with the expectation that he wouldn’t be able to compete the installation.

axl rose

Bench
Sounds like an NBNCo rather than TPG issue tbh. The techs that come to your property are NBNCo contractors. TPG just resells the service. By the sound of it the tech had lousy communication skills and should’ve properly explained the problem to you when he discovered it, along with the expectation that he wouldn’t be able to compete the installation.
Fair point. The cancel email from TPG was weird though. Everyone has to be switched over eventually, not sure of the legality of TPG just saying no.

SpaceMonkey

Immortal
Fair point. The cancel email from TPG was weird though. Everyone has to be switched over eventually, not sure of the legality of TPG just saying no.

The cancel email would’ve been automated as part of a standard process. Basically this is what happens:

1 Retail ISP (TPG in this case) gets request for new connection from customer
2 ISP requests appropriate service connection from NBNCo
3 if the property has previously been connected, NBNCo simply switch on the service. If not, they send a tech around to check the lines and perform any necessary connections.
4 when the tech has visited the premises they either send an activation request if everything is all good, which will then notifiy the ISP that connection has been successful and you’ll get notified by the ISP that the service was ready and that you will be billed for it, or; they tech will notify that the service could not be connected at the time and for your ISP not to commence charging you. The latter is what would have happened.

The problem here is that there seems to have been poor communication from both NBNCo and TPG about what is going on and how to resolve it. As TPG are the retailer they’re the ones who are supposed to be managing the customer experience so you’re probably still justified in kicking them to the kerb over it. But when you apply with Aussie make sure you inform them what has already happened as otherwise you’ll risk the same happening. Sounds like the ISP needs to find out what the issue is from NBNCo and get a time frame for having it recitified (it probably affects your whole block so they’ll need to fix it).