What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

WC 19th Match: England v West Indies - Southampton 14/6/19 (Eng won by 8 wks)

TheParraboy

Staff member
Poms need 213 to win

Will be a walk in the park for them, get it well before the 35th over

Bazal

Post Whore
There's been some talk about the Poms having a weaker attack, and I've kinda subscribed to that theory pre-Archer at least...

But when Mark Wood is your fourth bowler, you're doing better than alright. It's a bit samey but if they all bowl well that's just about irrelevant

Eelectrica

Referee
If our forth bowler was as good as Mark Wood, we'd be over the freakin' moon.
Maxi is our 5th bowler, by the end of this tournament his new nickname is going to be Santa because of all the gifts he gives to opposition batsmen.

Windies no longer easy beats, but not quite back to being a team to be really feared. Need Gayle and Russell to fire in order to win.

TheParraboy

Staff member
They opened with Woakes ffs. Doubt it was a weapon tactic. NCN has a slightly better r/r and economy than Woakes.

We could easily have Cummins as our fourth bowler, open with NCN and Starc, Richardson at no 3
- Voila

Bazal

Post Whore
They opened with Woakes ffs. Doubt it was a weapon tactic. NCN has a slightly better r/r and economy than Woakes.

We could easily have Cummins as our fourth bowler, open with NCN and Starc, Richardson at no 3
- Voila

Well perhaps our captain should consider that, tactically?

Eelectrica

Referee

- Voila
4D chess move right there. Absolute genius.

Next game I'd be swapping in Behrendorff for Richardson. See what he's got.

TheParraboy

Staff member
Agree, I mentioned in one of the earlier games, (I’m hoping) we have some tricks or variety to make opposition top order have a think or take risks

4d chess indeed, at the moment we are 1D

Timbo

Staff member
I like Woakes, I’ve always liked Woakes and from every interview I’ve ever seen he’s an absolutely top bloke.

But for all the tea in China, I could not tell you why he’s at 3.

Bazal

Post Whore
I like Woakes, I’ve always liked Woakes and from every interview I’ve ever seen he’s an absolutely top bloke.

But for all the tea in China, I could not tell you why he’s at 3.

Because they're chasing f**k all, and Roy and Morgan are injured, and they were 1/100 odd, so why the f**k not?

I mean it undermines his influence at the most important position in the word, but hey...

Reactions: JJ

Timbo

Staff member
This is now a park cricket game, Gayle is bowling for a bit of fun.

Timbo

Staff member
Because they're chasing f**k all, and Roy and Morgan are injured, and they were 1/100 odd, so why the f**k not?

I mean it undermines his influence at the most important position in the word, but hey...

Cool - so it’s officially a club game then?

AlwaysGreen

Immortal
Is Brian Smith coaching England?

I remember back in 2002 while flogging the warriors in a final he played the last quarter of the game with 12 players just to see how they'd cope in that situation.

Then they lost the big one as raging hot favourites.