What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

Kaysa Pritchard announces retirement

League Unlimited News

Administrator
Staff member
Kaysa Pritchard announces retirement from NRL
parraeels.com.au
Fri 14 Jun 2019, 03:30 PM

Parramatta Eels hooker Kaysa Pritchard has announced his retirement from rugby league today following a serious injury sustained during a match in 2018.

In February this year, the Club granted Kaysa’s request for time away from the game to assess his immediate playing future. During this time, Kaysa made the decision to retire from NRL.

Kaysa made his NRL debut for the Eels in 2013 and played 47 games for the Club. He made his international debut in 2016 when he was selected to play for Samoa.

“I feel privileged to have played rugby league professionally, and I’m grateful for the opportunities that have come with it,” said Kaysa.

“I would like to thank all of the players, coaches and support staff who I have worked with, and I’d like to acknowledge all the fans and members who have supported me.”

Kaysa is embarking on the next phase of his life having already completed his HR licence, crane and forklift tickets, dogging, rigging and construction certificates. He is now studying Cert 3 in carpentry and joinery to pursue a career as a carpenter and builder.

Parramatta Eels Club CEO Bernie Gurr said it is disappointing to lose a player to injury.

“Kaysa has been such a tough and fierce competitor, has always given his best and he will always be part of the Eels family. Kaysa will be missed here at the Eels and we wish him all the best with his future." said Bernie.

The Parramatta Eels Club will honour Kaysa’s contribution during the Round 14 match against the Broncos.

This article originally appeared at parraeels.com.au

Perth Red

Post Whore
Shows how fragile an nrl career can be, best of luck to him adjusting to life in the real world.

T.S Quint

Coach
Crushed testicle. Chances of gathering children diminished. This little bloke gave everything he had on the footy field and it took a hell of a toll on his body.

Good luck for the future Kaysa. I hope IVF works for you mate.

Latest posts