What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 RM Cup & Sydney Shield

rightleftin

Juniors
Over the last few weeks 3 more players, taking the total to 14 this year, have played in all 3 grades:

Toa Mat'afa - 4 games in NSW Cup, 3 in RMC, 1 in SS
Sam Radovu - 1 game NSW Cup, 3 in RMC, 1 in SS
Nick O'Meley - 1 game NSW Cup, 8 in RMC, 2 in SS

rightleftin

Juniors
Does anyone know who played for Cabra on Saturday? It appears that the NSWRL was unaware the game was on and so did not have the computer operating.

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
Does anyone know who played for Cabra on Saturday? It appears that the NSWRL was unaware the game was on and so did not have the computer operating.
They (nor Brothers or Canterbury) couldn't be bothered communicating to anyone that Brothers forfeited their Women's Premiership game either, so I wouldn't count on it.

kbw

Bench
They (nor Brothers or Canterbury) couldn't be bothered communicating to anyone that Brothers forfeited their Women's Premiership game either, so I wouldn't count on it.

I heard a couple of weeks ago that Brothers have withdrawn from the women's comp

Timmah

LeagueUnlimited News Editor
Staff member
I heard a couple of weeks ago that Brothers have withdrawn from the women's comp
That's my understanding as well, but the governing body CBF confirming it and the club's own Facebook page is saying nothing either :shrug:♂️

rightleftin

Juniors
Tony Williams and John Folau not listed in either of Blacktown's NSW Cup team or RMC team for this week.

Last edited:

MountainMan

Juniors
Don’t be surprised if West’s RMC coach is shown the door.
West’s GM,who’s also a former coach of the team isn’t a fan at all of the current coach despite being on a win streak and having player recruitment power,with the vast majority of the team signing because he is coach.

Richie75

Juniors
Asquiths defense is top notch this season. Cabramatta had set after set on their line and couldn't score and looked frustrated and clueless by the end. It was the same zero scoreline vs Hills last week. I've always rated Honeti Tuha but Asquith belted him today frim the first minute until the 80th and it looks like they got the better of the trade with Kiel. They are still a shade below the top 3 but are closing the gap, as are Wests.
Shane Kiel is killing it after making the swap from Cabra. Solid player all round. Off contract after this season.
Asquiths defense is winning them games. Pat Weisner is a great coach.

Last edited:

Pantherman72

Juniors
Don’t be surprised if West’s RMC coach is shown the door.
West’s GM,who’s also a former coach of the team isn’t a fan at all of the current coach despite being on a win streak and having player recruitment power,with the vast majority of the team signing because he is coach.
I was told the same thing. If he does see out this season then he is no chance of being there in 2020 with Luke Swain and Pat Wiesner being high on their hit list as the replacements.
I heard that Daren Maroon is on Brothers radar as they want someone with some recruiting power and familiar with players in this level of footy.

nzwarrior51

Juniors
What’s been happening with Siosaia Vave, has he been injured for half the year or dropped for fitness reasons.

rightleftin

Juniors
There appears to be signs of life at Belrose, who secured their first win for 2019, with a 34-16 result against GBW (aka Sydney University)

earl park riot

Juniors
There appears to be signs of life at Belrose, who secured their first win for 2019, with a 34-16 result against GBW (aka Sydney University)
Good win for Belrose. Hopefully they can snag a few more. There were only four Glebe Burwood contracted players in the Uni side (one of whom has never played for GBW) so very much a University squad.

kbw

Bench
Earl Park, who were the 4 ?

I am interested in where Syd Uni are getting their players from. They were supposed to be getting a lot from Cronulla u20s, but given their results it looks more like they are getting them from the tertiary comp.
Concord Burwood also seem to be suffering

rightleftin

Juniors
Earl Park, who were the 4 ?

I am interested in where Syd Uni are getting their players from. They were supposed to be getting a lot from Cronulla u20s, but given their results it looks more like they are getting them from the tertiary comp.
Concord Burwood also seem to be suffering

Fridays teams against Belrose

Mutu Stanley - Helensburg, previously Moorebank SS
Joe Kavoa - SU Rugby Union and previously Burwood Nth Ryde Utd
Dom Ayoub - St George Dragons A grade
Paul Rokolati - Souths Logan Magpies, previously Roosters & Kingsgrove
Josh Boumelhem - Guildford & Cabra JRL
Matt Long - Auburn & Hills
Neenan Simpson - previously Bulldogs & GBW
Tesimoni Tailiauli - Newtown & Cabra
Jaz Flavell - GBW & Hills
William Swann - Sharks u/20
Anthony Overton - Hills
Daniel Arahu - helensburg, Moorebank, Kingsgrove
J P Hannawe - Hills
Rueben Taylor - Bulldogs
Ben Jackson - GBW
Ben Vitucci - St Marys
Nick Serafino - Cairns

No players from Tertiary comp.

Last edited:

rightleftin

Juniors
It appears that 13 guys have played for both GBW and Sydney University during 2019:

Jordan Chong Sun, Lorenzo Mulitalo, William Swann, Brock Pelligra, Deighton Ieriko, Jaz Flavell, Halauafa Lavaka, Paul Rokolati, Ben Jackson, Ben Pointer, Evander Swann, Zane Elsley, Jackson Garlick.

As former GBW assistant coach Mick Habib was appointed as SU coach, he has also used another 4 players that have appeared for Burwood teams in the past: Joe Kavoa, Neenan Simpson, Tjaden McLean and Ratu Cavailati.