What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

2019 R14 Thu - Raiders 22-20 Sharks @ GIO

Round 14: Raiders v Sharks

• Draw after Golden Point

Votes: 0 0.0%

• Total voters
  • Poll closed .

MilkShark

First Grade
:D Never mind the exact same thing happened to Elliot Whitehead right at the end of the game.

Whitehead, the boofhead, takes a tap right at the end of the game when we should just take the two and is impeded by a Sharks player who is only a couple metres away from him. Could easily have scored if that player was taken out of the equation.

As I said, never mind that though :D
Lol ok watch it again darl

BadnMean

Juniors
You are new to this, so whilst I am laughing at you, I am trying to be considerate to your lazy, if not totally boring attempts at school yard bully tactics.

Be strong little fella, things will improve and tfe hair will grow eventually.

Love from uncle Miller xx

If you feel bullied in an online RL forum you should probably report it to a mod. Or the #metoo movement or something. Sounds serious.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Wasn't it Bateman that took the tap?

Look at the footage again. Bateman takes the tap 16m out. Sharks are no closer to him than 5m out from their own goal line. They are all back the 10m.

Croker made no effort to get back the 10m, was 5m away from the player that tapped the ball and was ultimately responsible for stopping the try from being scored.

Exact same? They're not even remotely similar.

It was whitehead

bileduct

Coach
It was whitehead
Dude I was responding to said it was the tap right at the end of the game, which would be the one where Penrith were penalised for playing the ball too quickly with just under 3 minutes to go. That's definitely Bateman tapping the ball.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Dude I was responding to said it was the tap right at the end of the game, which would be the one where Penrith were penalised for playing the ball too quickly with just under 3 minutes to go. That's definitely Bateman tapping the ball.

He means the whitehead tap. I don't know if you are doing a tedious bit but he clearly means the whitehead tap at about the 60th minute. For one thing Bateman runs 10m before a sharks player gets near him where one could at least make the argument that the markers interfered in the play on the Whitehead tap from an offside position. Also the fact that he said Whitehead

Considering it felt like the second half went for about 5 hours its easy enough to see how he thought the Whitehead tap was a lot closer to the end.

bileduct

Coach
He means the whitehead tap. I don't know if you are doing a tedious bit but he clearly means the whitehead tap at about the 60th minute. For one thing Bateman runs 10m before a sharks player gets near him where one could at least make the argument that the markers interfered in the play on the Whitehead tap from an offside position. Also the fact that he said Whitehead

Considering it felt like the second half went for about 5 hours its easy enough to see how he thought the Whitehead tap was a lot closer to the end.
60 minutes isn't right at the end of the game, is it Pete.

bileduct

Coach
So you are doing a tedious bit ?
Well no, I'm just left trying to guess which incident the original comment is referring to.

The Bateman one certainly fits the bill since it's right at the end of the game, and the only offside player in the Whitehead one is somebody running backwards with his arms in the air who makes no attempt whatsoever to effect a tackle.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Well no, I'm just left trying to guess which incident the original comment is referring to.

The Bateman one certainly fits the bill since it's right at the end of the game, and the only offside player in the Whitehead one is somebody running backwards with his arms in the air who makes no attempt whatsoever to effect a tackle.

Bateman runs 10 m before the sharks players got involved. It would be beyond biased to accuse the Sharks being offside there.

I don't think the Whitehead one was offside either mind just it was the only one that could even be sensibly described as a Sharks player inside the ten making a play.

Not that it matters the Sharks were offside for tons of the game, Croker was offside in that particular case. The game gives and takes

bileduct

Coach
Bateman runs 10 m before the sharks players got involved. It would be beyond biased to accuse the Sharks being offside there.
Wellllll, not really.

Looking at it again it would appear the mark is actually 12m out. That's certainly where the penalty was incurred, and if you look at the referee marking the 10 he's standing 2m out waving the Sharks back. All of them are in front of him, some by 3m. The ref on the spot is pointing ahead of Bateman while giving him the mark, but Bateman walks back a few meters. Sharks need to be 10m back from the mark, not wherever Bateman taps the ball.

So I think there is a fair argument to say the Sharks were offside, and that perhaps the original commenter was right after all.

Assuming he was talking about Bateman and not Whitehead, of course.

Pete Cash

Post Whore
Wellllll, not really.

Looking at it again it would appear the mark is actually 12m out. That's certainly where the penalty was incurred, and if you look at the referee marking the 10 he's standing 2m out waving the Sharks back. All of them are in front of him, some by 3m. The ref on the spot is pointing ahead of Bateman while giving him the mark, but Bateman walks back a few meters. Sharks need to be 10m back from the mark, not wherever Bateman taps the ball.

So I think there is a fair argument to say the Sharks were offside, and that perhaps the original commenter was right after all.

Assuming he was talking about Bateman and not Whitehead, of course.

Yes, but Bateman to my eyes goes 10m putting the sharks players onside. He taps the ball like 16m out and runs to about the 6m mark where he is tackled.

BadnMean

Juniors
Coker can't kick either. He always misses pressure kicks because he missed one vs the Tigers in 2011 or something.