What's new
The Front Row Forums

Register a free account today to become a member of the world's largest Rugby League discussion forum! Once signed in, you'll be able to participate on this site by adding your own topics and posts, as well as connect with other members through your own private inbox!

NSW 2019

big hit!

Bench
All of this is papering over the fact that without Klemmer your forwards are suddenly looking a bit frail (amazingly). Doesn't matter who the halves are etc...

no doubt. it means the forwards as a collective need to improve. frizell staying on the right edge (the bloke has to stay on the field for big mins) and replacing crichton with a proven middle third player in the rotation would alter the contribution for mine.

The Friz

Juniors
I’d be happy with:
Turbo in for injured Cotric
RCG in for injured Klemmer
Sims in for hopeless Crichton
Leave the rest as it was and back them.
Minimal changes, minimal disruption.

Ned Kelly

Juniors
IF reading into the media is anything to go by, Pearce #7, Cleary #6.
I think it would be a bad move to have Cleary in the team. What is his highlight reel from 4 State of Origins? He tackled Greg Inglis. Whooo Hooo,
He never looks dangerous in attack at that level
If he plays NSW will lose the 2nd game.

I propose that a statue of Mitchell Pearce be erected outside Suncorp Stadium in gratitude of services rendered to the benefit of the State Of Queensland.

Jason Maher

Immortal
After watching the Souffs vs Penriff game, I'm convinced. The halves have to be Jimmy and Cleary. Both stood up with the game on the line, while Walker went missing. Walker's confidence is completely shot, and I don't see him getting it back under the pressure of a do or die Origin encounter. Could maybe keep him as the bench impact player rather than Simple Jack. At least in that role his job is simplified, and it suits his preferred off-the-cuff play style.

If they recall Pearce, they have rocks in their heads. His form has been great, but he went completely missing under pressure today. He is not doing a Joey and winning us a series from 1-0 down.

I think it would be a bad move to have Cleary in the team. What is his highlight reel from 4 State of Origins? He tackled Greg Inglis. Whooo Hooo,
He never looks dangerous in attack at that level
If he plays NSW will lose the 2nd game.

What New South Wales half since Joey retired has anything remotely approaching a highlights reel? Luke Keary is the only player we have who is capable of being a dominant half, and he got knocked into the middle of next year. Maloney is rocks and diamonds, and Cleary is nothing more than solid, but the one advantage they both have is they are unflappable. That quality alone has won the Panthers several close games in the last two seasons courtesy of one or the other or both of them. Tonight it was both.

I'm all ears if you want to explain how any of Mitchell Pearce, Jack Wighton, Cody Walker, or some left field option like Aidan Sezer or Tyrone Roberts are going to produce a flashy highlights reel and win game 2 and 3 with a dominant display.

Last edited:

big hit!

Bench
Have been saying it before tonight. Maloney has to come in. He will keep playing his game, won't go into his shell, and he was there last year so most of the combos exist. Any other half and team are working hard to gel off a short prep

Dave's mate

Juniors
Have been saying it before tonight. Maloney has to come in. He will keep playing his game, won't go into his shell, and he was there last year so most of the combos exist. Any other half and team are working hard to gel off a short prep
Until 2 weeks ago Jimmy shouldn't have been in first grade

Lemon Squash

First Grade
Seriously wtf are they thinking?

Everyone wanted to blow Freddie last year saying he was finally picking the right players.. but honestly QLD were ripe for the picking last year and we only just fell in to be honest.

Hope to be proven wrong but I think it’s series over in Perth

Latest posts